cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

Re: 'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

Hi mmthomas54,

Did you check the rest of the thread? Folks found that adjusting the resolution/zoom in your Win10 settings made the Status Meter display properly. Another working suggestion, from piddledink: "setting the "compatibility" of the Status Meter's Shortcut to run as "Windows 8" and it seems to work, for now at least.  Give the Compatibility settings a try before giving up."

Hope that helps!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

The newest status meter shows a blank page on my Windows 7 desktop, just like the screenshot foxbrook shows above. I tried changing the screen resolution, but it made no difference. I would not consider that a solution anyway. At any rate, I have to log onto the hughesnet website in order to view the status meter. There must be something hughesnet can do to fix it.

I can't do that, as when I open the status meter, it shows a blank page, so I can't even go into settings to change it.

Hi ryocum,

piddledink is referring to the compatibility settings via Windows, try this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10436/using-program-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7/

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi folks,

While some helpful community members offered some workarounds for this blank screen issue, I found that our developers have fixed this in an upcoming update for the Status Meter. I don't have an ETA yet on when it will be released, but it's coming!

Thank you again for all your feedback!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Yes, I checked the thread before adding my bit.  Neither of the "solutions" made any difference.  I changed the resolution, and I tried different compatibility settings.

I didn't respond before now because I honestly believed that I won't get any help anyway, so I didn't look.

Highlighted

Since I seem to have your attention now, you might want to know that in the past day or two my browsing was interrupted by Hughesnet wanting me to complete a survey of your service.  Is it wise to annoy someone through an interruption to ask what he thinks of you?