cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

Re: 'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

Restarting the computer and with font sizes at '150%' , the HughesNet Status Meter appears as it should with all functionality including the 'buy 2 get 1 free' token offer.  Changing it back to 125% shows the HughesNet Status Meter blank.  

I don't consider this a resolution to the resolution issue, but it looks like for the time being I will need to switch back and forth to get any benefit from the HughesNet Status Meter.  While I wouldn't mind some things being 150% bigger, I dont really like the font sizes at 150%.  

Thanks for sharing.  I think this should give HughesNet a solid direction at which to explore this issue, if they choose to even look at it seriously.  

That is fascinating, thank you for testing this out and letting us know the results. I agree, this not a solution, just a workaround. I'll send your findings up to our devs.

Thank you again!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

I found the same thing. My default resolution was 125%. I changed it to 100% logged out/ in (didn't reboot) and the status meter displayed normally. Then I adjusted the resolution back up to 125% without signing out/in and it continued to display normally. Looks like the status meter suffers from the problem this article discusses: http://www.infoworld.com/article/2952506/microsoft-windows/high-resolution-displays-reveal-windows-1...

Hey, I am glad that my "weird" situation at least temporarily helped.  I hesitated to chime in because it did seem strange.  Thanks, foxbrook, having that link helps me to understand the "possible" cause, I have been scratching my head on this for several days - thanks.

No, mine is a 64 bit system.  I don't have any issue with the "old" meter, except I get upset when I get emails from Hughesnet offering free token with purchase of 2, but ONLY for those with the "new" meter...which won't install/work. I jumped through all the hoops to try to install the new one...but since I see nothing impressive about it anyway, I went back to the old one.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.  I wish Hughesnet would get that mindset. LOL.  Take car BirdDog. I appreciate your assistance, as usual.

Hello, I just tried setting the "compatibility" of the Status Meter's Shortcut to run as "Windows 8" and it seems to work, for now at least.  Give the Compatibility settings a try before giving up.
Sophomore

Nice find. That worked for me too.

Thank you for this feedback, I will send this to our devs.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Changing compatibility to Win 8 also worked and the new HughesNet Status Meter is appearing. We will see how this goes over shutdown and restarting.

My experience is similar to that of bwbalint: I click on the Hughesnet meter and the little circle goes around and around, as if it is loading, and then it simply quits.  Nothing happens.  I get no box or anything promised by this app.  I had a chat with your on-line people, but she was confused and not helpful.