cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer and anytime allowance is gone

new customer and anytime allowance is gone

I am a new customer, as of February 20,2016 and my anytime allowance is completely gone! I have 1 phone and 1 laptop connected to the internet. The only thing I have used the internet on my phone for is emails and my son has used the laptop for homework(about 1-2 hours). I turn off the wifi to my phone before I go to bed so that it wont be running. My son has also tried to connect his Xbox One to the wifi but it says something about the IP address is different. Is this normal for HughesNet and what can we do about getting the IP address fixed on the Xbox? 
11 REPLIES 11
New Poster

Re: new customer and anytime allowance is gone

If you are getting a IP address that started with 169 that means that you are not getting a IP address at all, to fix this problem get to a cmd prompt and type ipaddress to see what you really have, or type ipaddress/ release6 and release will get a new IP address from the server

I am getting a 192 on the Xbox and it says that the NAT Type is wrong.

I wanted to know if I could get a public IP address to be able to connect the Xbox?
Freshman

Your IP address is usually assigned by your router. I don't think you can get a static IP here.
Freshman

Usually, at least for many plans, you get 20 days where your usage allowance resets every night. I wonder what plan you signed up for. Using it all in two days means there was some very heavy usage for sure. You can identify when that usage was by signing in to your account, going to "support" and choosing "Internet Usage in the upper right.
I presume you have installed the Status Meter already.
New Poster

All ipaddress are assign by your router, because it actes as your dhpc in getting a ipaddress to your computer
New Poster

Because it should be a 100.112 xxx. Xxx IP address
Freshman

Freshman

I suspect its the Xbox downloading games.