cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Freshman

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Yes they cannot watch endless hours. Yes it works fine until you run into FAP.
Freshman

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Aha, from Netflix:
"Adjust your data usage settings

Adjusting the data usage settings for your account is the easiest way to reduce the amount of bandwidth used while watching Netflix. There are four data usage settings to choose from. Each estimate below is per stream:

• Low (0.3 GB per hour)
  • Medium (SD: 0.7 GB per hour)
  • High (Best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD and 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)
  • Auto (Adjusts automatically to deliver the highest possible quality, based on your current Internet connection speed)
To select a setting that works best for your Internet plan, navigate to the Your Account page and select Playback settings in the Your Profile section. It can take up to 8 hours for these changes to take effect. Restricting data usage may effect video quality while watching Netflix."
Freshman

Amanda, I am referring to educating and controlling promises made by sales people. CSR's have to deal with the problem which sales creates.
Assistant Professor

Low definition uses about 200-250 MB per hour from my experience. And yes, it can take up to 8 hours for a definition change to take effect. So if someone goes from HD to SD then immediately watches 2 movies they will probably still be using HD data amount.
Assistant Professor

Everything works fine until you run into FAP.  Smiley Happy

I wonder how many people watch endless Netflix on their phones?

Still question this statement:
I use the Netflix DVD plan because it isn't possible to stream
Freshman

I agree,  I should not have said it isn't possible. It is a function of using low res and how much your data plan allows, i.e., sorta how much you want to pay. I have 10 GB and barely stay within it without any Netflix.
Freshman

Good point.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

And priorities. A person could watch about 25 hours of low def per month and still have plenty left to do basic things on a 10 GB Anytime plan.
Freshman

Does the size of the TV enter into the perceived quality? I think it does.
Assistant Professor

Yes, but we have no problem with the appearance in 32" TV, laptops and tablets.