Hughesnet Community

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpreine

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

OK, so I have no other option for internet at my home other than satelite or cell service. I was told when I signed up for this service that NetFlix would run normally even once my "preferred Data Allowance" was used up. The first month of service, we used it for the ps3, ps4, laptop and both cell phones, all the time and it worked beautifully until about 6 days before it was renewal time. So, upset and angry that we were lied to , we figured we would continue service (since we really only want it for netflix) i took both cellphones off the wifi, and the ps4. not even a full week into our 2nd month, we are out of data and it would not stream netflix. now, I want you to understand that during this week period, we did not use netflix, it was only my wife on the laptop checking email and some facebook. We got to watch 2.75 episodes of walking dead on net flix befoire it quit working. I called in and she said we had been using the data more than we realized.. so, we put a password on the router. (tech should have done this when he set it up) and we got 4 more gigs of data. watched 3 episodes of walking dead. and we are almost out again?!?!?! i am streaming in SD, and nothing else was on the wifi except netflix during the period after we got the 4 gigs. this service will not last us a week, more or less a month. and I do not see paying $80 a month, plus $10 to netflix, to watch 5 episodes of anything a month. What are my options for getting out of this contract??? 
99 REPLIES 99