cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

I can't believe how many people there are out there with all of the same issues I've been having. I called in to customer support to ask why my bill went up an additional $10 a month. I was already overpaying for service that we cannot use to watch netflix, cannot use for our playstation, cannot use on our pc unless we're willing to wait for a minimum of 1 minute for a page to load on the web browser (which makes surfing the web a joke and a job all in one), and cannot use it on our phones. My verizon cell phone LTE service is faster which is insane seeing as my phone is receiving a signal from a satellite in the exact same way that my dish is receiving a satellite. But anyway, my service went up an additional $10 from $79 to $89 a month. The customer service representative REFUSED to let me speak to her supervisor until I asked her about 6 times. she kept saying her supervisor was behind her and she would ask him what i wanted to know. Sorry but i don't buy that hes actually there, i want to talk to him myself. After finally speaking to them I was told they were not allowed to issue a refund even though I was told that the $79 wasn't an introductory price. So basically,  even though the sales rep LIED to me, its my fault and i have to give them the money that i dont have to pay for service i CANNOT USE. Load of crap! This company is 100% awful from the service, to the sales representatives, to the billing, all the way to the customer service. Not to mention, the installer showed up with crazy hair, a tattered t-shirt, and sweat pants, no hughes net name tag/affiliation. He took down the dish for directv from the previous tennants, put up the hughes net dish, and then just left the directv dish lying in our side yard without even telling us he left it there so that my elderly landlord could find it and have to move it while he was mowing the lawn. 
Associate Professor

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Uhh, phones don't receive from a satellite, they get their data from a Cell Tower that is probably with in 10 miles of you, where as Satellite Internet depends on a satellite that actually, ya know, sits in space, about 25,000 miles above you in Geo-Sync Orbit.  There's also a massive cost difference between constructing the two types of connections.
Freshman

Dezi, pls give the forum reps a chance to respond to your questions. You will need to provide your modem serial number and I'm sure you will get a proper explanation. Your view of overpaying is dependant on what other choices you have, remember to check what Verizon charges per GB of over usage.
Alum

Hi gpreine,

We've went through the proper steps to help you resolve your concerns. It was found that you were not misled. We'll be closing this thread, however if you would like further assistance in getting the most out of your service feel free to create a new post.

Thank you,
Chris
Freshman

I was told the same thing. I regrete signing up.. Am I stuck for 2 years really?

Freshman

I WAS NOT told this. I was told I would have no trouble streaming. It's just my husband and I and we don't stream often. I do watch Big Brother live feeds and I get 30 seconds of watching and 15+ seconds of buffering. I'm sick of it. I want out of my contract. I was mislead.

Distinguished Professor IV

@fay1959 

Instead of spamming in multiple threads, wouldn't starting your own topic in the tech support section to address your issue(s) be the smart thing to do?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I can relate to this.  I moved into a new development underground lines for homes hadn't been trenched yet.  I had no choice but to go with Hughes Net and I specifically asked is this like Wild Blue where you get so much data to use a month and then you continually buy more if you run out?  No, no, no..   nothing like that.  Stupid me.  I didn't know a thing about satellite internet to know I was being flat out lied to.  I was told I could use my Kindle to watch Netflix, movies, etc. and I'd still have enough to stay on the internet or facebook all day long.  Cripes, I log on to read email and scan facebook a couple times a day and I don't even do Netflix or movies anymore and I'm going to need to up to the highest level just to do that.  What a ripoff to people who have no choice but to use satellite internet.  I will glady pay the 400.00 cancellation fee once another service is in this area because it's going to cost me that much in just a couple of months anyway.  Very disappointed in this company and the way service was sold to me.

Professor

>> I didn't know a thing about satellite internet to know I was being flat out lied to. 

You didn't do any research regarding satellite internet before subscribing to the service? There are limitations to satellite internet, but the new Gen 5 is pretty good for streaming.  You can of course pay the cancellation fee, or you can try letting the community troubleshoot your issues with you to improve your service. Sometimes tweaks are needed.  If you're interested in the latter, often it's helpful to post your own thread in the Tech Support area, so it's more visible to the community and the mods.

Closing this two year old thread that's since been addressed and hijacked way too many times. If you have a concern, please start your own topic in the appropriate board to receive help if you're ready to work with the community.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->