cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Honorary Alumnus

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Only to this extent:
Take a "regular" TV and a standard def picture .....
525 horizontal can lines, about 485 of them visible. If you view that picture on a small screen, say a 20" it will be nice and "tight".

If you view that same picture on a 55" TV, the same number of pixals are used to paint the image and the picture will start to breakdown as the individual pixals become visible.
Freshman

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Thank you. I should have did that analysis, just lazy. So my smart 70" HDTV wouldn't look very good at SD. I don't think my BW would like watching over my shoulder on my 19" monitor.
Assistant Professor

Yea, in that case SD isn't going to look good at all. I'd stick with DVDs also.
Honorary Alumnus

Much of that is going to be dependent on IF and how well the dvd/bu player upconverts.

hi chris, thanks for not being helpful. If you had taken the time to read my entire post you may have seen that I have already taken steps to minimize data usage. My main complaint at this point, is that I was lied to when I signed up, and I feel like I am stuck in an agreement that I did not agree to...

Amanda, none of those points were told to me. Again, as I stated, I was told that I would be able to watch Netflix no problem regardless of how much, or any, data I had left. I specifically asked how I would use  Netflix if I was out of data, this was the only reason I purchased the system, he told me that it would still work and would just buffer a little. Not that it would just constantly buffer. Again, I used Netflix for 3 weeks solid my first month, among other data using items, like updating the ps4 which had been offline for about 4 months and everything needed updating, and had not issues unti I started into my second month. I was led to believe that my data would last that long every month, not be gone 6 days into my second month. So obviously there is something in the first month of service that allows you more usage to keep people from backing out of the contract during the first 30 days.

why was this not told to me!!!! I was out of data day one of the 10 days then!!!!!
Assistant Professor

I agree it is very deceptive if the customer is not aware of it. However, you didn't notice the usage meters resetting daily on a monthly capped service? I did when I got Gen4 service and asked about it.

They are failing big time informing new customers about the grace period. Does make even me think it could be deliberate. 
Freshman

Ask.the moderators to pull and review your original sales call. They are recorded.
Freshman

I did. looks great even if its an old DVD only movie, but better in BluRay.