cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Freshman

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

The problem is the sales people, many of which, are only interested in a sale. Maybe Hughes should take the initiative and either have the installer go thru a script/explanation; or send a welcome package/letter explaining all of this in the first week.
Assistant Professor

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

It's been brought up numerous times yet it appears there are still many new customers who are never informed of critical details when the system is installed.
Alan Thompson (Champion) runs his installation company the way every installer should. His operation should be used as the example for them all.
Assistant Professor

I know, "Its" not "It's", brain farts. While I'm at it change "example" to "model" in last sentence.  Smiley Happy

Stupid site won't allow editing more than once it seems or it just doesn't like me today.

i didnt pay attention to the usage meter until after i ran out of data the first night trying to watch netflix during my second month. After the way it worked fine the first month I assumed that I would be fine the first 3 weeks, just like I was the first month. And this is why we took measures to reduce data usage, hoping to capture a whole month of evening tv show watching. the sales rep told me it work the whole month, so why would I think otherwise? 

The lady on the phone said they didnt have it. I already went that route. I'm just stuck with the service, so I will be paying $80 a month so we can look at facebook on the laptop as well i guess... I was hesitant to sign up for this service to begin with. now I really regret it. 
Assistant Professor

So you have other options for internet service? Also, you have to watch the usage meters, it is essential on a capped data plan to keep track of where you are with usage.
Alum

Hi gpreine,

In your original post I saw that you mentioned using SD definition for Netflix as a tactic to help you make your data allowance last. However there are many other things you can do which is why I provided you with that information. With that said I will be doing a sales call review of your interaction, and if you were in fact misled then we'll see what we can do for you. Once I receive a response I will post back with an update. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris
Alum

Hi gpreine,

My request for review of your sales call came back and this is what our call center sent in response:

After reviewing the call, these were my findings:

-          The customer states that they do streaming, to which the agent responds with our required disclaimer regarding streaming. The customer follows up this statement by asking about the data allowance since they primarily do Netflix.  The agent responds, “At that point, it’s just a difference in your speed.  There would never be a difference in your price, but your speeds will throttle back.”

-          When discussing plans, the agent only speaks about the anytime allowance, and informs the customer that they can always upgrade if they need more.

-          Agent does not comment on what would happen to streaming if the customer hits their data allowance, or alludes that the service would work after it was reached.  

-          Agent reads all disclosures regarding streaming in final Terms and Conditions.  The customer does not ask any questions regarding T&C’s. 

From what is reported our agent was clear and read off our disclaimer for Netflix. Which consists of informing our clients that they should set their playback settings to low or SD and explain that about 20 hours per month of streaming is possible. In this case I would suggest learning to conserve your data more effectively. Satellite internet does take some getting used to and we are here to help and assist you with getting the most out of your service. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to let me know. 

Thank you,
Chris

Freshman

Good the agent read the scrip. Bad the customer ignored it. Bad the agent didn't expand on the issue. Bad customer didn't ask any further questions, apparently satisfied. Good Hughes posted this.
I hope we can help customer learn more about his usage and ways to handle it,

I have the same issue. Bought the service for what I was told was 20 hours of streaming time and I have not been able to watch a single episode of anything on Netflix or Hulu. I am now on month two. This service is garbage. To watch 8 minutes you have to let it buffer over an hour.