cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

you do realize the whole point of this post is that I want out of the contract. Not to have to figure out how to manage data. It is not about the data management, I have already figured that out because I am not stupid. 9 days left and only at 49% of usage. thank you very much. It is about the principle of the fact that they lied to me. And I would rather take my money to exede at this point, because they did not lie to me. When I was comparing the two, I only signed up with Hughes Net because the guy told me that NetFlix would continue to work regardless of how much data I had left, even after I was out. Even intentionally signed me up on a smaller data plan than I originally requested and worked some protection plan that I did not request into my budget. The only reason I am still with this company is because I am not paying the cancelation fee, period. And they bumped my data allowance and made my budget work. I am stuck with satellite internet for now, and i realize that. But it still pisses me off to be lied to. 

sgoshe your right, it is not a utility... yet... but it is a critical part of our future infrastructure. So just give it time.  
Associate Professor

Re: new customer, unhappy want to cancel, but they say i am stuck in contract.. help?!?

The sales call says otherwise...

Posted by Chris 1 month ago,

After reviewing the call, these were my findings:
-          The customer states that they do streaming, to which the agent responds with our required disclaimer regarding streaming. The customer follows up this statement by asking about the data allowance since they primarily do Netflix.  The agent responds, “At that point, it’s just a difference in your speed.  There would never be a difference in your price, but your speeds will throttle back.”
-          When discussing plans, the agent only speaks about the anytime allowance, and informs the customer that they can always upgrade if they need more.
-          Agent does not comment on what would happen to streaming if the customer hits their data allowance, or alludes that the service would work after it was reached.  
-          Agent reads all disclosures regarding streaming in final Terms and Conditions.  The customer does not ask any questions regarding T&C’s. 
From what is reported our agent was clear and read off our disclaimer for Netflix. Which consists of informing our clients that they should set their playback settings to low or SD and explain that about 20 hours per month of streaming is possible. In this case I would suggest learning to conserve your data more effectively. Satellite internet does take some getting used to and we are here to help and assist you with getting the most out of your service. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to let me know. 
Assistant Professor

I don't think you're stupid but personally I would find this hard to believe if told the same thing:

I only signed up with Hughes Net because the guy told me that NetFlix would continue to work regardless of how much data I had left, even after I was out.
Like saying your car will continue to run just fine when the fuel line is clogged. Chris did say the call was reviewed  and it was determined you were not misled, lied to. Perhaps he is lying also?

(Typing while you posted Charles)
Honorary Alumnus

Please take note that this forum is a "help forum" ... used to diagnose problems and find solutions.

You have had your sales call reviewed and it was determined that you don't have a case to dismiss the ETF.

Its time to Man Up, pay the ETF, take Hughes to Arbitration or learn to live with the systems limits.

This is a data capped service .... you "buy" a block of data. Its not even reasonable to think that you can just carry on unimpeded after exhausting your block of data.

The Arbitrator will have a hard time to stop laughing after that one.

Whatever is wrong with your understanding of the world that you can't grasp the fact that when you buy a gallon of milk, a gallon is what you are going to get, not a gallon and a half ?

Just unbelievable.

Assistant Professor

PS: There have been many cases here where the customer has been let out of contract if the sales call shows they were misled. Do you think you are being singled out for non-release for some reason?

How many agents did you talk to before signing up? It is what is said during the final call that counts.
Honorary Alumnus

Sgoshe,

This user has stated his/her entire purpose  in posting is not to troubleshoot or learn but to circumvent his/hers contractual obligations. This reads more and more like an ingrained case of "entitlement".

It is beyond belief that anyone could construe any conversation to mean that a capped data service has no caps or limitations.

This user is well beyond anything we can do.

OP needs to take matters to the next level. That being Arbitration.

Honorary Alumnus

Sgoshe,

This user has stated his/her entire purpose  in posting is not to troubleshoot or learn but to circumvent his/hers contractual obligations. This reads more and more like an ingrained case of "entitlement".

It is beyond belief that anyone could construe any conversation to mean that a capped data service has no caps or limitations.

This user is well beyond anything we can do.

OP needs to take matters to the next level. That being Arbitration.

I just left Exede b/c they offered less data at more expensive prices. They now have better services/packages than mine but will only offer them to me at much higher prices than advertised for new customers (that's my reward for being a loyal customer.) In the past I've also suffered congestion but not slow enough to cancel w/o penalty and at that time I definitely felt "lied to." (They did correct this after about 6 months.) It just all seems par for the course when dealing with satellite (and actually, some of my cable friends also have complaints so I guess there is no utopia)

I just left Exede b/c they offered less data at more expensive prices. They now have better services/packages than mine but will only offer them to me at much higher prices than advertised for new customers (that's my reward for being a loyal customer.) In the past I've also suffered congestion but not slow enough to cancel w/o penalty and at that time I definitely felt "lied to." (They did correct this after about 6 months.) It just all seems par for the course when dealing with satellite (and actually, some of my cable friends also have complaints so I guess there is no utopia)
Assistant Professor

(and actually, some of my cable friends also have complaints so I guess there is no utopia)
One of the more sensible and truthful things said here for awhile.  Smiley Happy