new external account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdoscher
Freshman

new external account

Sir    My new Hughesnet email has "1xxxxxxxx@hughes.net" as the "primary account". Hughesnet has insured that I can keep my old email address which I MUSTdo. My current email address is xxxxxxxx@epix.net. Under the 1xxxxxxxx@hughes.net  inbox area it has "New External Account". When I select that I get my email that was sent to xxxxxxxx@epix.net, that works fine. Preferances / Accounts lists  the primary, and my "xxxxxxxx@epix.net" as the secondary. Was this set up by Epix (now Frontier Communications) or by Hughesnet ? How do I edit or add another account (another epix, xxxxxxxx@epix.net). Hughsnet chat and 866-347-3292 was not helpful. The installer said it was all working. My Windows Live Mail program stopped working when the email was switched to Hughsnet (New External Account). Is this what Hughsnet means by saying you can keep your email address ?                  

Bill, xxxxxxxx@epix.net  - if it still works on Hughesnet email.

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wdoscher

Please keep in mind that you are on a public site, where anyone can see anything you post.  Because of this, it's very important that you do not post personal things like email addresses.  You should click on the three dots to the upper right of your post, click Edit Message, and edit your email addresses out of the post.  You should still give the reps a general idea of the issue or what you need done, but without posting your actual email addresses.  

The reps will be the ones to help you, but they are not on during the weekends.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They will converse with you through PM to get the personal info, like email addresses, that they need.  When you get a PM you'll see a red number over the envelope icon on the upper right of the page while you're signed in.  You click on that envelope to go to the Private Messaging page.   

thankyou

Liz

Hi wdoscher,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. You can add/edit external e-mail accounts via HughesNet webmail, click on My Email in the top right corner of the Support Center.

Then click on "Add External Account" in the left hand menu under "Webapps":

Then in the main panel, you can edit your external accounts:

Regarding Windows Mail or any third party e-mail client, best thing is to double check your settings in that client and re-adding that account. Any 3rd party client-specific concerns should be directed to that client.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thankyou, I had the Hughesnet Enhanced Email service that has the WebApps / external accounts - menu so I could edit or add my external accounts, but it was changed (without permission) to the Basic screen without the option I need. How do I get back to the Hughesnet Enhanced Email service ?  So I can receive the service that I was promised - keeping my same email address.               Bill

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Bill, 

When you sign into your Hughes.net email you should see a Preferences tab at the top of the page.  Click on that and select "Advanced (AJAX)" as your Client Type, then click Save to the upper left of that.  Then, after you've clicked save, close the browser page.  Then, go back into your Hughes.net email and it should be back to the Advanced page with WebApps.  You may need to close out your browser altogether (all open pages), but I just tried it with closing just the open email page, then opening email again, and it worked.  

Hope this helps.  🙂  

Once I got to the "advanced" email page I could set up the external accounts.   Thankyou

Now I am having trouble with my "Windows Live Mail" email cliant, I upgraded to a newer one - "Thunderbird" and had some success setting up my wife's email, but having trouble repeating that process for myself. Have other priorities now but will be back at it soon. I realise that I must seek help with my old provider first, or possible the new software people.      thankyou, bill