new modem HT2000w

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEBPOSTON
Junior

new modem HT2000w

I received the modem but I did not have success setting it up. I followed the instructions and went to the hughes net browser page and went to install but it never would setup the modem up. it stayed on the pointing page for over 4 hours. Right now I put my old modem back on. (it is still not working) Can you please help me with this problem.  Thank you so

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Happy to hear that you're back up and running! 

I've credited the account from 2/25

Thank you,

Jay

View solution in original post

Jay, thank you again.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DEBPOSTON 

With it now being the weekend, it's likely you won't hear anything until at least Monday. The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though there is sometimes one on during the evenings and weekends.  Unfortunately, they're slammed right now with so many people being home and the system being under so much strain, so it's often taking them longer than it normally would to answer posts.     

I'm no installer and I don't know the procedure, but I wonder if it being stuck on the pointing page for so long might suggest something is "off" with the dish aim or something related to the signal.  This is just me thinking out loud, figuratively speaking.  It may not indicate anything at all.  

I hope it's something that can be remedied quickly. 

Stay safe.

I'm thinking that i need a technician to come out and check my dish.  It will have to be after April 15th.  Can i set an appt up through the email as I cannot wait 30 minutes to an hour on the phone waiting on a rep to pick up?  I work in a tax preparation office and I am working 7 days a week right now.

GabeU

@DEBPOSTON 

I would wait to see what the reps here have to say before scheduling an appointment.  

@Liz @Damian 

Okay thanks

One thing is was also saying was the modem had to be activated by the installer.

maratsade

My understanding, from what I've seen on this site when HN sends a new modem to a subscriber, is that the subscriber does the activation.  

DEBPOSTON wrote:

One thing is was also saying was the modem had to be activated by the installer.

How do i do that?

maratsade

I don't know....There's an installation guide onllne but it's 103 pages long, so I'm not sure if that's the one.  Maybe someone will know: @GabeU@MarkJFine@Liz 

EDIT: and now Gabe linked to the correct installation guide. Cool!

I looked at it and I think that if for the technician to do all that.  I just want to replace my old modem to the new one. 

maratsade

Deb, Gabe posted the 12-page guide for replacing the modem, and it's the one the subscriber needs to use. Doesn't look difficult. 

DEBPOSTON wrote:

I looked at it and I think that if for the technician to do all that.  I just want to replace my old modem to the new one. 

That is what i went by and nothing ever happen as far all the lights coming on.  Just the power light, wifi light and lan light.  It was after several tries to replace according to the instructions.  It was after several tries was when i went the the "Install link" on the browser.

maratsade

I hope the mods will have an answer for you. 

DEBPOSTON wrote:

That is what i went by and nothing ever happen as far all the lights coming on.  Just the power light, wifi light and lan light.  It was after several tries to replace according to the instructions.  It was after several tries was when i went the the "Install link" on the browser.

Thank you,  I hope so.  I really miss my Hughes Net at home.

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the community! After taking a look at your account, I see that we had a new modem shipped to you on Sunday. Have you received this modem?

-Jay

maratsade

Edited by maratsade because N/A. 

The original post is referencing the modem we sent on the 24th. We sent another on the 29th (Sunday), so I want to check to see if the newest modem didn't work either.

-Jay

Jay: I have not yet received the 2nd new modem.  When I get it I will try to get that one set up.

Let us know if the new modem does not work and if it does not work for you, we will have a tech come out to resolve the issue for you.

-Jay

~Jay:  I sure will and thank you.

They sent me a voice modem. Not the satellite internet modem. Can you see if they can send me the HughesNet HT2000W? Thank you for anything you can do to help.