cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new status meter 6.5

vabrown12

Re: new status meter 6.5

I don't like the new status meter at all called and asked to get the old one back but cannot. Voiced my extreme disappointment with the new meter hopefully they will take note.
Ricky
Tutor

Katie0
Admin

Hughes Engineers wish to thank all of you savvy users who caught the new status meter upgrade issues and for your recommendations going forward.  It's making a huge difference this week.  Escalation support from our top engineers are all over this bug.  In the interim, we're working to prevent additional customer from upgrading and preparing a solution for those of you that have already upgraded.   

Sometimes in the course of fine tuning performance, creating enhancements and preparing for Jupiter 2,  a feature launch can have a bug. Prior to the community, it took longer to catch and recreate problems.  You all have been quick and fabulous in sharing your feedback.  Know  that it is appreciated.   

Stay tuned. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Thanks Katie! Hey, Microsoft has no problem using unsuspecting customers as beta testers.  : )
tomcox1
New Poster

Since the new, "improved" version of the meter doesn't work with XP, I'm glad I kept the install file for the previous version. If I decide to install it again (which I doubt, since unaccountable spikes of data burn happen without any change in our actual usage, and the meter only adds to the total usage), I'll use the old one.

We rural broadband users are stuck with expensive, slow, weather-sensitive satellite broadband until better technology comes around, so this is just another example of needing to be satisfied with table scraps, since that is all we are likely to get any time soon. C'est la vie.
Amanda

Hi everyone

If you have not yet, please visit this link https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/status-meter-6-5-a-few-questions

and post the issue you are having as well as computer information. This will help immensely. 

Thank you
Amanda
Amanda

Hello Don!

Just wanted to let you know that link above I provided has another update. 

I also wanted to give you some feedback one of our project managers had given us when your post and concerns were escalated. He was very keen to the idea of "release notes" and agrees that it is something we definitely should do! We're really ecstatic about this too.

Thanks a bunch
Amanda
Amanda

Hi everyone

Just a small update.. The first version with some fixes is being tested as we speak. This includes the missing bubble glitch Smiley Happy I'll keep you in the know!

Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks for the update !
deepdiver1
Freshman

Thanks for the update and response to fixing the issue. Shouldn't have happened in the first place.