new status meter 6.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepdiver1
Sophomore

new status meter 6.5

I elect to not install the new Status Meter since it apparently doesn't show as much as ver. 6.2. Does HNS or anyone here have an explanation of why this was dropped and exactly what is the reason for a new version? Most software "upgrades" show what is included. Why not Hughes?
26 REPLIES 26
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Definitely 6.5 is a step to the rear.
Back to running 6.2 on my machines.
Amanda

Hi deepdiver and Gwalk900

Maybe it has been a while since I looked at the status meter.. I just installed the newest one on our Windows 10 machine in the lab. Seems to be working fine/the same. What should I be looking for in terms of feedback to send up?

Thanks
Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Lacks this valuable feature:

Amanda

Hmm. I see that bar, the items above it.. do you mean the two missing bubbles with the MB and Date along the bar?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Red outlined missing:

It gives a nice quick visual where actual data use is at compared to where average use is at within the month.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Shoot, I'm back to running 6.2 on everything now.

Just tried to update to 6.5 on a WinXP drive and got a "not a valid Win32" error.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I decided to hold off on installing the new one.  I'm glad I did.  The popup is a little annoying, but to keep the old one is worth a click when I turn my machine on. 
handel30

My Mac is acting the same way with this update. Refuses to recognize it.
Al Powell

do not install  new meter i tried. it did install and old one will not work hughes customer service told me they cant fix it. i Had 100 gig nightime data now the 192.168.0.1 check tells me i have only 50. customer service tells me everyone only have 50. not true and i have the contract to prove it. Not that i would ever use more than 50 i am  not a night person. Its just not right to be pulling dirty tricks that all
vabrown12

I don't like the new status meter at all called and asked to get the old one back but cannot. Voiced my extreme disappointment with the new meter hopefully they will take note.
Ricky
Tutor

Katie0
Admin

Hughes Engineers wish to thank all of you savvy users who caught the new status meter upgrade issues and for your recommendations going forward.  It's making a huge difference this week.  Escalation support from our top engineers are all over this bug.  In the interim, we're working to prevent additional customer from upgrading and preparing a solution for those of you that have already upgraded.   

Sometimes in the course of fine tuning performance, creating enhancements and preparing for Jupiter 2,  a feature launch can have a bug. Prior to the community, it took longer to catch and recreate problems.  You all have been quick and fabulous in sharing your feedback.  Know  that it is appreciated.   

Stay tuned. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Thanks Katie! Hey, Microsoft has no problem using unsuspecting customers as beta testers.  : )
tomcox1
New Poster

Since the new, "improved" version of the meter doesn't work with XP, I'm glad I kept the install file for the previous version. If I decide to install it again (which I doubt, since unaccountable spikes of data burn happen without any change in our actual usage, and the meter only adds to the total usage), I'll use the old one.

We rural broadband users are stuck with expensive, slow, weather-sensitive satellite broadband until better technology comes around, so this is just another example of needing to be satisfied with table scraps, since that is all we are likely to get any time soon. C'est la vie.
Amanda

Hi everyone

If you have not yet, please visit this link https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/status-meter-6-5-a-few-questions

and post the issue you are having as well as computer information. This will help immensely. 

Thank you
Amanda
Amanda

Hello Don!

Just wanted to let you know that link above I provided has another update. 

I also wanted to give you some feedback one of our project managers had given us when your post and concerns were escalated. He was very keen to the idea of "release notes" and agrees that it is something we definitely should do! We're really ecstatic about this too.

Thanks a bunch
Amanda
Amanda

Hi everyone

Just a small update.. The first version with some fixes is being tested as we speak. This includes the missing bubble glitch 🙂 I'll keep you in the know!

Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks for the update !
deepdiver1
Sophomore

Thanks for the update and response to fixing the issue. Shouldn't have happened in the first place.
mainer1

You people can't even get as simple a thing as a status meter for your product working. That is sad but not surprising. BTW there is no status meter for Mac OS. Still.