cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new status meter 6.5

Freshman

new status meter 6.5

I elect to not install the new Status Meter since it apparently doesn't show as much as ver. 6.2. Does HNS or anyone here have an explanation of why this was dropped and exactly what is the reason for a new version? Most software "upgrades" show what is included. Why not Hughes?
26 REPLIES 26
Honorary Alumnus

Re: new status meter 6.5

Definitely 6.5 is a step to the rear.
Back to running 6.2 on my machines.

Hi deepdiver and Gwalk900

Maybe it has been a while since I looked at the status meter.. I just installed the newest one on our Windows 10 machine in the lab. Seems to be working fine/the same. What should I be looking for in terms of feedback to send up?

Thanks
Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

Lacks this valuable feature:

Hmm. I see that bar, the items above it.. do you mean the two missing bubbles with the MB and Date along the bar?
Assistant Professor

Red outlined missing:

It gives a nice quick visual where actual data use is at compared to where average use is at within the month.
Honorary Alumnus

Shoot, I'm back to running 6.2 on everything now.

Just tried to update to 6.5 on a WinXP drive and got a "not a valid Win32" error.

Distinguished Professor IV

I decided to hold off on installing the new one.  I'm glad I did.  The popup is a little annoying, but to keep the old one is worth a click when I turn my machine on. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

My Mac is acting the same way with this update. Refuses to recognize it.

do not install  new meter i tried. it did install and old one will not work hughes customer service told me they cant fix it. i Had 100 gig nightime data now the 192.168.0.1 check tells me i have only 50. customer service tells me everyone only have 50. not true and i have the contract to prove it. Not that i would ever use more than 50 i am  not a night person. Its just not right to be pulling dirty tricks that all