new status meter 6.5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepdiver1
Sophomore

new status meter 6.5

I elect to not install the new Status Meter since it apparently doesn't show as much as ver. 6.2. Does HNS or anyone here have an explanation of why this was dropped and exactly what is the reason for a new version? Most software "upgrades" show what is included. Why not Hughes?
26 REPLIES 26
Amanda

Thanks deepdiver, we'll be sure to pass that on to our beta testers. - Amanda
Amanda

Hi mainer1,

While satellite internet is literally rocket science, I guess I can understand why you would expect us to have perfected the Status Meter by now. And yes, there is a Status Meter and has been a status meter for the OSX for a very long time.

Amanda
Liz

Just an update for you all, Status Meter 6.5.2 is now out and should address any update or GUI concerns. Please download this latest version from the Support Center: supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

The labels are back!

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

colinbmnt
New Poster

I am using the 6.5 meter and I am out of anytime bytes but I have 3 GB of tokens which I am using right now but it does not detect it. It says I am running on empty.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

The meter will not refill off zero, you are drawing from the Token Bytes Available.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Token bytes will not "replenish" your Anytime Bytes meter.

You really have THREE sources from which to draw data:

#1: Anytime Bytes (8am to 2am local)

#2: Bonus Bytes (2am to 8am local)

#3: Token Bytes

Token bytes are kept in a separate "data bucket" so that the value of this purchased data is not lost if not completely depleted when your monthly refill occurs.

You can see your remaining data amount in several places:

Your modems internal SCC at 192.168.0.1

(Click on picture for larger image)

Also can be found in the Download Status Meter: