Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BAR
New Poster

no access to hughes.netemail accounts

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yeah, you will need to provide more detail than this if you would like someone to look into the issue. 

I keep getting error message 403. Have spent over 3 hrs talking with tech support. They want to send out a technician to replace my modem with Gen 5, but my internet access is fine.

maratsade

I'd say keep your modem  if the Internet is working....

Do you think you could provide some screen shots so the HN staff on this site can see what you see?

BAR wrote:

I keep getting error message 403. Have spent over 3 hrs talking with tech support. They want to send out a technician to replace my modem with Gen 5, but my internet access is fine.

GabeU

@BAR 

This happens while trying to sign into the HughesNet email website?  

If you're on a computer, do you get the same error when you click on the "My Email" button on the upper right of the page while in this Community and try to sign in that way? 

Did the techs have you power cycle your HughesNet modem?  If not, unplug the HughesNet modem at either the wall outlet or the power pack, wait at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  After plugging it back in, wait for at least five minutes for the modem to be fully up and ready, then try the email again.  It would also be a good idea to shut down the device you're using before unplugging the modem and then start it only after the modem is back up and fully ready (after the five minutes).  Doing so will not only ensure a fresh connection with the device, but it will also help to clear the DNS cache in that device, which can sometimes help.  

If you did power cycle your modem, but didin't shut down and then start the device, it may still help to do so regarding the DNS cache. 

GabeU

I had already tried everything you suggested while talking to the techs. Nothing worked. I talked to a guy in Billing about any charges associated with getting my modem replaced and he wanted to try to help resolve the problem. This guy contacted someone he knew and the problem was resolved in about 2 hrs. Everything is now working as normal.

GabeU

@BAR 

That's good.  I'm glad to hear it's back to working.  🙂

BAR
New Poster

I keep getting error message 403. Have spent 3 hrs talking to tech support. They want to send out a technician to replace my modem, but my internet access is fine.