cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not enough data

Alum

Re: not enough data

Hi Shelly,

Our 50 GB anytime and 50 GB bonus is the best plan that we offer. Unlimited bandwidth is not a possibility with 1 million plus subscribers and a satellite which cannot be upgraded. Our overriding concern in providing the service is to ensure that all subscribers have a fair opportunity to use the capacity when they wish to and that we deliver an average service level consistent with the service plan they purchased. 

We do not compare ourselves to land based ISP's. Satellite internet simply provides an option to those that would otherwise have no internet service available. 

Thank you,
Chris

The service still sucks, I have tried emailing and those are returned (Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

memberservices@hughes-support.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain hughes-support.com bymx.hughes.net. [69.168.97.47].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 [R2] Recipient memberservices@hughes-support.com does not exist here.)

I have also tried the Contact us of your webpage and you fill ou the whole form and then get this error when you submit. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

<pre>[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] hughessupport.suth.com.hnSaveData.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750) </pre>
Assistant Professor

Chris, it is nice the reps/mods here say this. The sad thing is by the time most customers get here to read it they have been duped by a shady sales person or a flashy post card.
I researched plenty 10+ years ago at the local library when I had no other internet access. I pretty much knew exactly what to expect before signing up with the old 7000, wasn't even 7000s then. You'd think with smart phones these days they would at least use that to research first. Seems many don't and by the time they get here they feel they have been taken advantage of.
Not saying I totally agree but do understand how it happens.
I feel very lucky to have the Ultra plan available btw and can do everything I want to do with it.

Shellylynn, you need to learn how to manage your data usage or will never be satisfied with satellite internet.

Hi Shelly. You know when the options over to the right of the screen  where it gives you the options to +ME TOO or something else? That is how I replied to your comment, and thanks for replying. I do not have mine on auto-pay and they darn sure better not take anything out of my account without my permission. It's okay we'll eventually get around to doing it but I feel it is one of the many things that are wrong here. I was commiserating with you and have been round and round until I correctly understood data usage and I took offense to the tone of the comments to me, so I do not believe I will be supported here. I see and acknowledge my part in the difficulty. I could possibly look over a few of their inconveniences for fair treatment or cutting me a little slack, but when you cancel service, I do not get the feeling they lilke it (for obvious reasons). Anyway, to be truthful as far as internet service went, I felt mine was the exception to the rule. I didn't miss more than a few hours' time in 6 years because of internet connection issues (I work at home). I did have difficulty getting employed with satellite though. At any rate, I wish you the best and hopefully they will get better as a company for it.

I will tell you what to do - stay up for the free time get used to living like a mole and living awake from 2 to 6 a.m. or whatever the time limit is - you can watch whatever you want. I ran out of this service last month (the free time from 2 to 6 or 8 or whatever it is), um I ran out of "free" time which is not computing in my tiny brain. How does one run out of "free" time. I ask you.

You can disable or lower the resolution on Netflix, whatever. It does help a little. Idk about Hulu. They give good advice on how to "get" bandwidth to use the service if that is all that is available to you. Call your local cable company if they are in your area. You'll never know they might be willing to run the lines. Just an idea.
Assistant Professor

If Gen4 there is no free time there is Bonus bytes which most plans now have 50GB. It is capped, not unlimited.

Your Status Meter should reflect all of this.

I've tried taking a screen shot of my meter "page." It doesn't work. It shows bonus bytes 100% and less. Green time/anytime..Well it is always starting at 90 something I am always over. I don't have 50 GB I have 20 maybe total since I used my bonus bytes and why aren't they free? They're from 2 a.m. to 6 o 8 a.m. so. I mean seriously. I made it work for me and it is doable with your advice. I want to pay for it and get all 3 services at once and I finally got the chance to do that (I hope) It could be a freaking scam too for all we know. So..I was with the company since 2009, few years not a lot.I get it. I just don't like it.I appreciate that you read the comment, tho. I do.
Honorary Alumnus

Hughes has three different hardware platforms is use with four different methods of applying the "rules"'

So for clarification:

DW6000/HN7000s Ku band system has a daily refill but the refill occurs as a "hourly drip" of 1/19th of the users daily allowance.

Data is deducted during the hours of 7 am to 2 am EASTERN TIME regardless of the users own time zone.
Usage is not counted against the users allowance from 2 am to 7 am EASTERN TIME, regardless of the users time zone.

No "hourly drip refill" occurs during the 2 am to 7 am un-metered "Free Zone"
Some HN7000s systems were on satellites with some transponders having the "Data Bank" feature enabled. This would allow those users to build up a "Bank" of up to two days daily allowance.

The Spaceway3 HN9000 system is divided into two different "types".

Type one: HN9000 "legacy" plans with daily refill.
 This type of plan would refill daily at about 6 am local time.

A user used data from their daily allowance between the hours of 7 am to 2 am local time
This type of user had a un-metered "Free Zone" from 2am to7 am local time

This type of user also had the roll over bank where up to two days worth of daily allowance could accumulate.

The second kind of Spaceway3 HN9000 user had a "wannabe" Gen4 type of plan'
In that plan, the user had a monthly refill.

The data allowance is divided into two categories:

Anytime Bytes: Data is deducted from a users monthly Anytime Bytes allowance fro usage from 8 am to 2 am local time
(usage can also be depleted from the Anytime allotment is the user should empty there "late night" Bonus Bytes allotment'

Bonus Bytes: Data is deducted from a users (miss-named) Bonus Byte allotment for usage from 2 am to 8 am local time.

There is a third category of and those called Token Bytes. Token Bytes can be purchased or you may receive them as a "comp" for some kind of issue.

If you deplete your Anytime allowance and have Token Data available in a given usage period, you will not be FAPPED but instead will draw data from that source.

Lastly we have the true Gen4 "Jupiter" Echostar17 system using the HT1000/HT1100 modem

These plans have a monthly refill
Anytime Bytes: 8 am to 2 am local time
Bonus Bytes: 2am to 8 am local time

Token Data is available as well

Token data "rolls over" Anytime and Bonus Byte data does not.