Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not enough data

Associate Professor

Re: not enough data

$300+ million per satellite
$500,000 - $3 million per gateway * 17 or so gateways
Monthly pay to the hundreds of engineers that man the gateways and design the systems, and maintain them...

Yeah, Hughes can afford to throw up a new satellite each day.
Assistant Professor

300 million + launch for a satellite? Where can I get that deal?
Honorary Alumnus

$150 per month ?
What ever ARE you doing ?
I suggest logging in to your dashboard and viewing your past invoices.
I'm paying a straight $90 for Ultra.
Time for youto d some digging.

I have Gen 4, with I think its the power max package. I get 20 GB of anytime and 20 GB of bonus bytes. If I watch a movie, that takes such a huge amount of data, that i end up getting throttled. I had the package that was cheaper, and I ended up getting throttled all the time, and I had to buy restore tokens, which ran my bill up to about what it is now. 
Assistant Professor

Kay, why not update your plan online to the 20/50? It won't extend your contract or cost more. Sure it is 2-8 AM but is free and there if you need it for software updates and such.
Honorary Alumnus

Have you checked what package levels are available in your area lately ?

Plan offerings have under went some changes:

http://www.hughesnet.com/plans-and-pricing/internet-service

Some limited areas now have the Ultra plan available that is 50/50 GB @ 15 Mbps

that would be great, but I work nights, i'm not home between those hours. For now, i'll continue to do this, but the second that something else is available, I will be leaving and going to a company that cares about its customers.

I don't think that's what she's asking for guys -  your lectures about how much this costs. I think you guys should hear what she's saying instead of worrying about her hearing your side. If HN cannot afford to handle this kind of heat, they sure as heck should not advertise it as an option for their customers. I am enlightened with your wisdom of how these things works as much as the next semi-intelligent human  and I don't mean that sarcastically. No  one expects a company who says they cannot offer the best and fastest internet service to just throw up a new satellite here and there. Hughes Net does not say that. For you to head-smack every single time someone doesn't seem to get their side of this (or our lack of knowledge about same), it's you who are not getting it *head-smack.* Hughes Net promises the sun, moon, and stars and sure as hell doesn't deliver it. So instead of lecturing and belittling or getting angry because we don't get it, why not face the obvious. You are directing your stern looks outward. Look toward the guy with his hand on your shoulder, patting your back every time you say something in his defense. 

kay1342,
Even if you work during those times you can schedule Windows/OSX to update and download most things during the 2-8 time frame. No Matter if your home or not, it can still be used to your benefit. That way your not depleting your Anytime Allowance as fast.

you know I'm not a tech I expect to be told how much and what service I get, for my money. Not spending hours on calls to reps who tell me to shut off my modem each night being charged more than agreed upon. We have 2 lap tops don't stream, only watch netflix after 2 a.m. Yet nothing but BS I had exede for 50 a mon (mb) free time from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. for 2 years not a single problem no slow speeds no billing problems. I had DSL in Fl or 25.00 a mo for 17 yrs unlimited. Next there going to tell you to stand on your head. I'll go to the library then deal with this company. Dee