cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok having a big time problem watching netflix with my amazon fire stick. Movies wont stream. Keeps stopping!

ok having a big time problem watching netflix with my amazon fire stick. Movies wont stream. Keeps stopping!

Slow, cant stream movies, wont load, keeps saying I have no internet connection when I do.  Can't watch Netflix or my Amazon TV fire stick. When I first got Huges it was great.  Now it sucks after 3 months. Scam
7 REPLIES 7
Junior

Re: ok having a big time problem watching netflix with my amazon fire stick. Movies wont stream. Keeps stopping!

ouch - but true

Re: ok having a big time problem watching netflix with my amazon fire stick. Movies wont stream. Keeps stopping!

I think part of the problem is that stupid Gen4 commercial that leads unassuming people to believe that they will be able to use the internet like any other type of ISP.  I've had Hughesnet for more than a decade so I was well aware of the data caps before Gen4 came along and switched to a monthly bucket of gigabytes instead of a daily limit.  It is apparent that when people get signed up for Hughesnet, the salespeople need to do a better job of informing them of what exactly they can and cannot do.
Assistant Professor

My simplistic response is it has to be treated pretty much like cell phone data usage. It has to be constantly monitored and make it last the entire month based on the amount your plan allows.

HD streaming will buffer even on the best operating system especially during peak use times like weekends and nights.
Honorary Alumnus

The TV Ads are somewhat misleading in that they show an entire family doing "stuff" on the Internet that would seem to mimic the same performance and capacity of Cable/DSL .....

Having said that, I am not from a the "immediate gratification" generation.

I was raised and educated with:

There is a sucker borne every minute

Wanna buy a Bridge ?

Ads are like Carnival Barkers

Ads are not facts, they are Bait.

The problem is .... lack of due diligence. Does the product fill MY needs ?

Assistant Professor

Fills MY needs, I even stream quite a bit of low def video.

Jezra you are so right because when I signed up they told me something totally different than what I see people post in this forum. I was told that I would be able to use my fire stick as well as do homework. Some need not speak on what they don't actually know.
Alum

Hi vernadee,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow service. I would like to address your concerns Please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Feel free to post back and let us know when you have completed some these tests. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thank you,
Chris