Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one answer for data drain!!!

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: one answer for data drain!!!

Gabe,
I just got PO'd that they did that so I just "took my business elsewhere".
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Lisa2U,

It's time for me to ask you for some help.  How do you do that in Chrome?  I've added exceptions to the plugins on Chrome, and have them set to block.  Do I make the change where I have the exceptions added, or do I just change "plugins" to "let me choose when to run plugin content"? 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Gwalk900,

That's completely understandable.  There're a couple of sites that I will no longer go to, as well, due to them having over thirty ads pop open while on the main page.  The AdBlock Plus stops it, but it irked me nonetheless, so I don't go to them. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

simply open a new tab and type the following into your browser..or you can just copy and paste it directly into the address bar..either way

aboutSmiley Tonguelugins

when you do that the page will display all of the plug ins that you have 
adobe flash, etc..
I disabled the following plugins on mine...
Widevine Content Decryption Module
and
Native client

I also unchecked the "always allowed to run" on all of the plugins listed on my page except for PDF viewer.
Highlighted

oh and I also learned that if you want your broswer to open with BLANK pages..you can simply go into your chrome settings and set your home pages and tabs to the following..

about:blank
Highlighted

AND...this all works the same way with Firefox/Mozilla browser too Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Thanks.  I found it and did so.  I'll see how it goes.  I appreciate the help. 

Highlighted

Gabe, i noticed that if I went into the settings and click on the 'let me choose' option, my settings would not stay like that for some reason. They would revert back... When I do it directly from the browser, my settings remain the same unless I change them myself
Highlighted

Ah.  I may have tried that before and experienced the same thing, as it seems it should stop things from playing.  But, of course, without it remaining that way, it's kind of pointless.  LOL.

Now, if I could just do the same with IE.  I don't  think IE wants to allow people that much control.  There's probably a program or app somewhere that might work, but I don't like to run an app or program unless it's very well known. 

Highlighted

My Adblocker works great for ads..I don't get any, BUT, the automatic video streaming on CNN it didn't block..it wasn't until I manually changed my settings from the aboutSmiley Tonguelugins page that any/all streaming content that websites have stopped..
I can now view CNN without any of the videos loading...and it's a matter of simply right clicking on the video and enabling it to make it run..