cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one answer for data drain!!!

Re: one answer for data drain!!!

Gabe..it does remain the same if you manually set it using the aboutSmiley Tonguelugins page...
for whatever reason if you do it via the settings page on chrome, it doesn't always stay that way...
Distinguished Professor IV

Same thing here, and the same website which started me on all this a month or two ago.  The exceptions I added stopped the videos from playing, but I couldn't easily choose to play them if I wanted to and it was the only site it worked on.  This should work on all and give me the simple option to watch them if I want to, though I hardly ever do.  Again, I appreciate the help. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Another good ad blocker, for Firefox, is the BluHell Firewall...you can easily get it as an add on..it takes only a few seconds, and will make all of those advertisments go buh bye Smiley Happy

With all of the help you have given me this past week, I am thrilled I've been able to return the favor... ((HUGS))

we are a chatty bunch tonight, lol... Smiley Tongue

Gabe..it does remain the same if you manually set it using the aboutSmiley Tonguelugins page...

I was referring to the original way of the "let me choose" option.  I had never gone into the aboutSmiley Tonguelugins page before. With being so used to using IE, it takes a little while to learn the ins and outs of Chrome, but I'm getting there. 

I, personally, haven't done much to help you, but those who have done so have helped me a lot, as well.  When first getting Gen4 I had a number of questions that they helped with, and I've learned quite a bit with reading their replies to others' questions, as well.  I'm grateful for this site and the people on it. 

Glasswire, router settings, browser settings, etc.  They're a pretty informative bunch.   

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I was referring to the original way of the "let me choose" option.  I had never gone into the aboutSmiley Tonguelugins page before. With being so used to using IE, it takes a little while to learn the ins and outs of Chrome, but I'm getting there. 

I, personally, haven't done much to help you, but those who have done so have helped me a lot, as well.  When first getting Gen4 I had a number of questions that they helped with, and I've learned quite a bit with reading their replies to others' questions, as well.  I'm grateful for this site and the people on it. 

Glasswire, router settings, browser settings, etc.  They're a pretty informative bunch.   

Since you've indicated you're using Firefox, I'd recommend installing the Flash Control Add-On for Firefox (not to be confused with the FlashBlock Add-On). Flash Control handles both Flash and HTML5 media and eliminates the troublesome HTML5 preload behavior (regardless of intent to view) as more and more web sites adopt HTML5 over Flash.

Normally I don't hang around here but elsewhere and we have similar issues - but at least over here I don't run the risk of being called a paid shill for HughesNet Smiley Wink

Just slummin' GWalk...

P.S. There's also a way to disable HTML5 detailed at:

http://www.trishtech.com/2012/04/disable-html5-media-in-mozilla-firefox/

It's a bit dated and am not sure it still works - if so it causes web sites to revert to using Flash (if so written).

I'm returning to the dark side now...              

LOL @ paid shill. I got accused of being a paid 'shill' for H & R Block last year via their Facebook page (I kid you not)...all because I expressed my thanks for another successful filing year and to personally thank our H & R Block tax gal. 

Some random guy went off on me claiming that I had been 'paid' to post my comment on the H & R Block Facebook page...he even went as far as sending me private messages asking me how much I got paid.

Same here.  I don't know how many times I've been accused of being a paid shill due to actually liking the service.  I mean, how could one actually say they like the service without being paid to do it, right?  Either that, or they simply accuse me of being an employee.

I've actually been called a liar due to saying that I liked my Keurig coffee maker, which will be three years old in December.   

And to think you like H&R Block, Lisa2U.  You MUST be a paid shill!!!

I should go to the DirecTV boards and say I like them, which I do.  I wonder what I will hear in return. 

Sometimes it's downright comical.