only power and wifi light on. no system or transmit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captainguy03
Freshman

only power and wifi light on. no system or transmit

Hello, I have the HT2000W modem/wifi, The other day out of no where only the power and wifi lights are on and nothing else. We've unplugged it, left it off for a while, re plugged it back in with no luck. we've called in to tech support and gotten almost no help, except they keep wanting to send someone out to look at it for $125. To be honest the service has always been extrmemly slow, so im not sure I want to put any more money into it than I already have. Is there anything else that I can try or look at? Not sure if its related but all of the sudden a couple weeks ago it said we used over 15gigs of data in one day. 

Should I just order a new modem? this ones not even 2 years old but from what Ive been reading on here it seems that it is the culperate. We did try accessing it via the 192. but it wont connect to it for some reason even though our computer is hardwired.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hello captainguy03,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering.

Your complimentary dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Oct 15, 2019 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I think your best bet will be to wait until Monday, when the HN staff will be here from approximately 9-6.  They can check your account and run remote diagnostics on your modem, and if they detect an issue, they may decide to send a tech. When they decide to do this, there is no charge to you. 

captainguy03 wrote:

Hello, I have the HT2000W modem/wifi, The other day out of no where only the power and wifi lights are on and nothing else. We've unplugged it, left it off for a while, re plugged it back in with no luck. we've called in to tech support and gotten almost no help, except they keep wanting to send someone out to look at it for $125. To be honest the service has always been extrmemly slow, so im not sure I want to put any more money into it than I already have. Is there anything else that I can try or look at? Not sure if its related but all of the sudden a couple weeks ago it said we used over 15gigs of data in one day. 

Should I just order a new modem? this ones not even 2 years old but from what Ive been reading on here it seems that it is the culperate. We did try accessing it via the 192. but it wont connect to it for some reason even though our computer is hardwired.

Thank you in advance.

thank you! Ill wait till monday to see what I can find out

Liz

Hello captainguy03,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering.

Your complimentary dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Oct 15, 2019 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you!!

Thank you once again Liz. Your techs were fantastic and took care of my issues. Wound up being a bad modem

Good morning captainguy03,

I'm so happy to hear our tech was able to determine the cause and replaced your modem. Thank you for updating me! Just come on back to the community if you need anything else, we're here to help.