phone service terrible

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phonebad
Freshman

phone service terrible

When I call someone, they can not hear me, they say bad connection, like it is a cell phone, my voice keeps breaking up, can not hear me, can not understand words even when I yell. I can hear them OK enough to understand so is not on my end of call, just their end. Seems calling some phone numbers is OK but other phone numbers the person receiving the call my speaking is can not be heard, only hear garbled parts. Called customer service at least 15 times and spent many hours on the phone to them with no resolution and keep getting cut off when call transferred and they do not return the call when cut off. Worst customer service I have ever experienced and still no resolution to the problem. They say I need a phone engineer but transfer never happens, get cut off, and they do not return the call.

45 REPLIES 45

-Aedan     I bought the new wireless V-TECH 3 phone set as I was instructed by service to do, told to buy new V-Tech twice, installed it but still does not work. Older wireless worked fine, actually excellent, with landline. Can anything be done immediately to at least make servicable? For me, having a home phone is a necessity! Cell phones are not good nor reliable in this area.I really depended on Hughes Net and when I called to inqiure before signing up I was told phone works very good, is reliable, and no problems especially since I got gen 5 high speed. PLEASE HELP, was told 3 times phone engineer would call me but has not, my phone number 863-692-5472.

Hello phonebad,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that we can do to offer immediate assistance. I can assure you that our engineers are working extremely hard to roll out this fix as soon as possible. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan

So, we have to wait til August to see if our phone service gets any better?  

Just a thought, but shouldn't those of us who can't use our phones because of these issues be issued a credit until it is resolved?

I am so frustrated right now...missing calls from my children & grandchildren because we can't have a conversation should be worth some sort of dispensation....and conducting business, like making appts, etc., is a nightmare!

I am glad to hear the engineers are working on the problem of poor phone service. I've had the HughesNet phone service ever since it was first introduced and have been very satisfied with it until I "upgraded" to Gen5. Before Gen5, people I spoke to on my phone said it sounded like a land line save for the latency. Even the latency was not a problem for me. Changing to Gen5 was the point at which the service deteriorated. At first, (after changing to Gen5), the people I called could not understand me but I could understand them perfectly. The problem has evolved to the point that the conversation is now garbled in both directions. When I am in a conversation, I hear what sounds like someone intermittantly beating on a drum in the background. At each drum beat, the voice transmission is garbled.

I am on beam 54. Please keep me informed as to the progress in addressing this problem and let me know if I can provide any more information about this problem

Tom

Aedan,

Any update on the Gen 5 phone fix?

I am trying to hang in with the service but is hard not being able to use the phone, so frustrating trying to talk to anyone, yelling,  undable to understand etc,, for me the phone servie is a necessity.

Howie70
New Poster

I'm having the same problem!  And, I've tried calling Customer Care only to become more frustrated.   Because of the problem with words dropped and gargling they can't understand me nor can I understand what they are saying because of their heavy foreign accent.

I tried to find an email address to contact someone, but it appears that the only way to communicate with HughesNet is by telephone, which is ironic because the darn thing isn't working!

Please, can someone from Tech service help?  Or, should I just cancel this service and go back to Century Link...which I really do not want to go through that whole hassle of trying to port my old number back.  What a mess!

unhappycustomer
Freshman

I've had the same problem. I'm a new customer as of June 4th and things has gone down hill from there. Don't look for any help from tech.

Tracey17
New Poster

I've had the same problem. The rep told me that they were aware of the issue from many customers and were working on fixing it.

Also, does anyone know how to change the caller ID name? I put in a ticket to change it and so far, no change- it has someone else's name on my number.

Thanks

Hello phonebad,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I have not received any updates. The fixed is scheduled for the first week of August. If I get any new information, I will be sure to let you know. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated and I am extremely sorry any inconvenience. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan

Dropping in since Aedan is out today, and we just got an update from engineering. 

The terminal code to address the outgoing audio quality is expected to be rolled out everywhere by July 19. If you have additional questions, feel free to post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you...my phone seems to be working now.  Will continue to test it, but so far it is working fine.  

And, thank you to the Engineers who must have been working frantically to fix the problem.

Well, I spoke too soon...now the phone isn't working at all.  Hope the problem gets resolved soon....if it's not fixed by the promised date of July 19th I will have no choice but to cancel this service.  Thank you, I know you all are trying, but my patience is just about run out.

Hello phonebad and Howie70,

Thank you for your patience and understanding. The update to address the outgoing audio quality and garbled noise on HughesNet Voice was successfully rolled out nationwide today. Please let me know if you see any improvements. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan

I am afraid that the technical update did not help my problem. In fact, it seems even worse. Large portions of conversation is dropped and replaced by strange noises. The people I call say that they can hear me. Too much of what they are saying to me is dropped or replaced by thoses noises. This problem arose when I upgraded to GEN5 from GEN4. Please let me know what information I might provide that would help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hello Tom Hughey,

Thanks for posting. I have moved your post to a new thread under Tech Support, in order to better assist you.

You can access it here. Thanks. 

-Aedan

-Aedan

Hello phonebad and Howie,

We have not heard from you in a while. Did the latest update as posted by Aeden resolve your Voice quality issues? Our engineers have also been making changes to improve the phone quality, so I do hope that has made things better too. Please let me know if any issues persist.

~Amanda

My end of the phone conversation is worse, part ok, then part garbled. The person I call seems to be able to hear and understand OK. Just my end is now partly garbled and have to ask the other person to repeat themselves. Please help.

Hi phonebad,

Thank you for your feedback, I've sent this up to our engineers for them to address. Once I have any updates for you, I'll post back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

It's September.  Evidently the 1st week of August Fix did not work?????

My phone service has begun to deteriorate again. "Bangs and booms" are taking the place of speech more and more frequently just as they did after my change from GEN4 to GEN5. I tried unplugging the modem and then replugging it in, (that solved the problem last time), to no avail this time. I would really like to have the great service and sound quality that I had before GEN5. Can you please have your engineers address this issue?

Thanks.

lulu
New Poster

I canceled after first day and am keeping my old land line. 

@phonebad wrote:

When I call someone, they can not hear me, they say bad connection, like it is a cell phone, my voice keeps breaking up, can not hear me, can not understand words even when I yell. I can hear them OK enough to understand so is not on my end of call, just their end. Seems calling some phone numbers is OK but other phone numbers the person receiving the call my speaking is can not be heard, only hear garbled parts. Called customer service at least 15 times and spent many hours on the phone to them with no resolution and keep getting cut off when call transferred and they do not return the call when cut off. Worst customer service I have ever experienced and still no resolution to the problem. They say I need a phone engineer but transfer never happens, get cut off, and they do not return the call.