cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone service terrible

Howie70
New Poster

Re: phone service terrible

Thank you...my phone seems to be working now.  Will continue to test it, but so far it is working fine.  

And, thank you to the Engineers who must have been working frantically to fix the problem.

Howie70
New Poster

Well, I spoke too soon...now the phone isn't working at all.  Hope the problem gets resolved soon....if it's not fixed by the promised date of July 19th I will have no choice but to cancel this service.  Thank you, I know you all are trying, but my patience is just about run out.

Aedan
Senior

Hello phonebad and Howie70,

Thank you for your patience and understanding. The update to address the outgoing audio quality and garbled noise on HughesNet Voice was successfully rolled out nationwide today. Please let me know if you see any improvements. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan
Tom Hughey
Sophomore

I am afraid that the technical update did not help my problem. In fact, it seems even worse. Large portions of conversation is dropped and replaced by strange noises. The people I call say that they can hear me. Too much of what they are saying to me is dropped or replaced by thoses noises. This problem arose when I upgraded to GEN5 from GEN4. Please let me know what information I might provide that would help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Aedan
Senior

Hello Tom Hughey,

Thanks for posting. I have moved your post to a new thread under Tech Support, in order to better assist you.

You can access it here. Thanks. 

-Aedan

-Aedan
Amanda

Hello phonebad and Howie,

We have not heard from you in a while. Did the latest update as posted by Aeden resolve your Voice quality issues? Our engineers have also been making changes to improve the phone quality, so I do hope that has made things better too. Please let me know if any issues persist.

~Amanda

phonebad
Freshman

My end of the phone conversation is worse, part ok, then part garbled. The person I call seems to be able to hear and understand OK. Just my end is now partly garbled and have to ask the other person to repeat themselves. Please help.

Liz

Hi phonebad,

Thank you for your feedback, I've sent this up to our engineers for them to address. Once I have any updates for you, I'll post back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jwolffrcsd
New Poster

Same problem after the technical update in July (my subscription stared in August). I can usually hear OK, but the other party, including customer service just today, report that I am breaking up (lost packets?).
Are there any solutions?
KatBlue
Spectator

I have a problem with Voice as well.  There is a delay between what I'm saying AND when the hearer hears it.  Because of that it does become garbled.  I have Vtech cordless phones, and the Customer Service Rep told me that Panasonic phones generally work better.  So what's up with this?  They just tell you what you want to hear so you won't be bugging them.  Nice!

Tags (1)