phone service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanfam41
New Poster

phone service

just got hughes net phone service.there is a dial tone but when some body trys to call they get a message that party is not answering the phone.when i call out there is no respone.i have contacted support twice on this issue.still not fixed.its been over a week.

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site can sort this out for you. Do you have case numbers you could post? That'd make the process faster. 

The reps are on during business hours, M-F. It may take a day or two before they respond. 

@stanfam41 wrote:

just got hughes net phone service.there is a dial tone but when some body trys to call they get a message that party is not answering the phone.when i call out there is no respone.i have contacted support twice on this issue.still not fixed.its been over a week.

hi marastad.i dont have case numbers.my account #  is [edited for privacy].have talked to 3 different reps on this.they also sent me out a new ata box.still doesnt work.could it be that my old cordless phone is not compattible with this system.ron

maratsade

Sorry, stanfam41, I misunderstood. You wrote that you had talked to support a few times, and typically they give you a reference number for the transaction, and that makes it easier and way faster to follow the trail.  Hang in there until @Liz or another rep reply to you again.  

GabeU

@stanfam41 

You should edit your account number out of your post.  You should never post that in public.  If the reps need any personal info to locate your account they will ask for it to be sent via Private Message, for which they normally provide a link.  

You can edit your post by clicking on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the post.  

Liz

Hi stanfam41,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly look into this for you. As maratsade noted previously, it would be a big help to post your case number so I can pull up your account and start investigating.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning stanfam41,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out. I see in your case notes when you last spoke with us, you weren't interested in troubleshooting and wanted to cancel the VOIP service instead. I also see that you want to port your current number to your next phone provider. Please keep in mind that you need to submit a port request to your phone provider and make sure that porting process completes before canceling your VOIP service with us, otherwise you will lose your phone number.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

hi liz.you got it all wroung.ive been trying to trouble shoot my service for 3 weeks.your techs never fixed the problem.ive had your service for 3 weeks.still doesnt work.thats why im cancelling.your customer service sucks.