cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor speed continues; pages failing to load

Senior

poor speed continues; pages failing to load

We are still having problems with our internet speed. It is very slow still. speed tests still show 5.1 MB/ps but we are getting 300 KB/ps - 1.1 MB/ps in actual usage. Please fix our internet, I have asked you nicely repeatedly. It seems you do not care about your customer at all.

We are trying to cooperate but you saying "nothing is wrong speeds are fine" is not acceptable, because its a lie. Its almost as though hughesnet prioritize the speedtest traffic and everything else is rate limited. 

New problem we are experiencing: pages fail to load completely. they load but the page is just blank. could this be related to web acceleration? Below is picture of a page that failed to load. it loads but page remains blank? Unsure if this is a bug with chrome canary or if perhaps its related to acceleration. i've tried disabling abp and ghostery but it still happens.

Capture62.PNG

23 REPLIES

Re: poor speed continues; pages failing to load

Hi r3wt,

Thanks for posting and providing us with some information. Can you please post your testmy.net results URL so I can include that in my escalation report to the engineers? Diagnostics on your site otherwise look fine.

Regarding pages not loading, more details can help.

Does this happen with all sites?

What are you trying to accomplish (just visiting or logging into something)?

Have you ever been able to successfully visit that URL?

When did you notice having difficulty visiting that URL?

Have there been any changes to your system prior to your concerns?

Does disabling Web Acceleration make a difference?

Does this happen in different browsers?

Does this happen on different computers/devices?

Does this happen on a non-HughesNet connection?

Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache?

Does power cycling your modem make a difference? (Unplug the HughesNet modem's power cord from the brick for 30 seconds before replugging.)

Does this happen even when directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Does power cycling your router make a difference?

Does power cycling your computer make a difference?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are greatly appreciated so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Senior

It is alternating between state code 30.3.4 and 0.0.0 

its slower than heck, buffering video for minutes at a time and the video is so grainy it can barely be seen. can't hardly watch anything at all

image.png

Tags (1)
Senior

PREVIOUSLY OUR INTERNET WAS WORKING OK. VIDEO HAS ALWAYS BARELY WORKED; IF AT ALL. HOWEVER NORMAL BROWSING WAS FINE. NOW IT BARELY WORKS AT ALL. PAGES FAIL TO LOAD AND IF THEY DO LOAD IT TAKES 5-30 SECONDS. YOUTUBE VIDEOS BARELY LOAD AND BUFFER ALOT. LIVE VIDEO IS PRACTICALLY UNWATCHABLE. PLEASE INVESTIGATE OUR PROBLEM

Senior

DEAR MODERATOR PLEASE ESCALATE THIS ISSUE TO ENGINEERING. I AM CERTAIN ITS NOT A PROBLEM ON MY END. I HAVE TRIED REBOOTING ROUTER I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. THE PROBLEM IS ON YOUR END. MY EQUIPMENT IS FINE. PLEASE HAVE THEM LOOK AT MY CONNECTION. THANKS. I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR WEEKS, PLEASE TAKE THIS MATTER SERIOUSLY

Senior Instructor

Please follow the directions below to disable Web-Acceleration, as 30.3.4 is Web Acceleration related.  Let us know how that works for you, also, answering all of Liz's questions would be beneficial.

1: Visit http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.
2: Click the "i" icon at the top of the HT1100/2000w System Control Center (also known as the SCC).  It is highlighted in red in the image below.
photo skUivVb.png

3: Click on "Web Acceleration" then "Control" outlined in red.
photo jnchLQt.png

4: Click on "Web Acceleration Enabled", this will change to an orange button that says "Web Acceleration Disabled".
photo mQGk0j9

5: Restart your browser and try using the service that isn't working, please let us know how that works for you.

Senior

Does this happen with all sites?

I DONT KNOW

What are you trying to accomplish (just visiting or logging into something)?

THE PROBLEMS ARE WIDE RANGING IN THEIR SCOPE AND AFFECT ALL HTTP REQUESTS TO THE INTERNET.

Have you ever been able to successfully visit that URL?

YES. ITS NOT A SINGLE LINK, ITS MULTIPLE LINKS ON MULTIPLE SITES

When did you notice having difficulty visiting that URL?

THIS WEEK THE BLANK PAGES HAS STARTED OCCURRING 

Have there been any changes to your system prior to your concerns?

DEFINE "MY SYSTEM" ARE YOU REFERRING TO MY LOCAL NETWORK? MY PC? WHAT EXACTLY DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

Does disabling Web Acceleration make a difference?

NO

Does this happen in different browsers?

YES

Does this happen on different computers/devices?

YES (OPENSUSE 42 Tumbleweed, Windows 7)

Does this happen on a non-HughesNet connection?

IVE NEVER SEEN A PROBLEM LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE

Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache?

I AM NOT GOING TO TRY THAT AS I'M CERTAIN ITS UNRELATED.

Does power cycling your modem make a difference? (Unplug the HughesNet modem's power cord from the brick for 30 seconds before replugging.)

I WILL TRY AND LET YOU KNOW

Does this happen even when directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

THE LOCAL NETWORK IS FINE. THERE IS NO INTERFERENCE, SIGNAL IS STRONG. I AM CERTAIN THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS ON YOUR **bleep**ING END HOW MANY TIMES MUST I REPEAT MYSELF

Does power cycling your router make a difference?

NO, WAS THE FIRST THING I TRIED

Does power cycling your computer make a difference?

HOW WOULD IT?

Highlighted
Senior

Hello @Liz how can i get a response from hughesnet support? I have been repeatedly trying to contact on this forum for weeks. Is there a number we have to call or what?

Teaching Assistant

r3wt wrote:

Hello @Liz how can i get a response from hughesnet support? I have been repeatedly trying to contact on this forum for weeks. Is there a number we have to call or what?

Liz is at the highest level of support, she works at the corporate offices. If she can't determine what is happening she will get the engineers involved. Trust me, getting the engineers involved is not a small thing.

You have to do everything she asks though, including something like clearing your cache.

Senior

HI @Liz cleared cache. still didn't help