Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normanmary16

port my phone number

I want to port landline phone number over to my hughesnet account
8 REPLIES 8
Mordacious

Porting your phone number is between you and your old phone company. Hughesnet has no control over that. You can fill out the request but the final decision is up to your phone company. Your bill must be paid up-to-date and the phone must still be live.
Liz

Hi normanmary16,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Here are all the steps and information you need to port your phone number to your HughesNet Voice service: http://voice.hughesnet.com/porting/

Hope that helps!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I am in the process of having to wait 20 days or more for this phone porting process. First request was "lost". Still no email .....

I am in the process of having to wait 20 days or more for this phone porting process. First request was "lost". Still no email .....

Hi SecondsCount,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Since your login for the VOIP web portal is your HughesNet address, that's where your port confirmation e-mail went. not your msn account. Since I have your account pulled up, I see your port request was submitted 5/17 so your port is slated to be complete by 5/31. Hope that helps!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Original port request was at the beginning of the month. It was "lost", we were told. I tried requesting that they cancel my account, and let me return to Windstream. I was threatened with early termination fees up to about a thousand dollars. Not an impressive company. We found out too late.

Hi Seconds Count,

Thanks for posting back. Are you saying that your number was not ported? I see in our systems that the port request went through back in May and that the ported number is active. Perhaps I'm reading something wrong, so please correct me, is this not the number you requested to be ported over? I've edited the screencap so that not all of your private information is revealed.

Capture.JPG

It was one month after we began our association with HughesNet, that our number finally got ported. We had to pay to keep our other service active until HughesNet completed the request.