cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Re: problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Suit yourself. Easier I suppose to wait for the wind to change direction than it is to learn how to re-position your sails.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Associate Professor

CLEARLY, this issue is a result of something HughesNet did to their network.

CLEARLY, you do not have a grasp or understanding of networking.  Doesn't require Hughesnet to change something to break things.  I can think of two events where services became unavailable to Hughesnet users, and it wasn't because of a change at Hughesnet, but a change outside of Hughesnet.  First one being Origin didn't work right with Hughesnet for a long time because of some strange "security" method that EA decided to throw in everyones face.  Hughes had to make a work-around for that.  Then we also had a PSN outage, which was also, not caused by Hughesnet.

Hughes has provided an alternative method for using a feature of your devices, I suggest taking that alternative till they have an actual fix in place.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Sabe?
Si señor. Sit and wait.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

" .....unconcerned by it and unable to correct the issue."

An opinion only which you are entitled to. My opinion is it isn't true.

Do other ISP's tell customers what they are doing behind the scenes to correct problems?
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

"where a company not only doesn't deliver the services they are supposed to "

If you have connectivity to the internet you are receiving the services you contracted for.

If a piece of software that is installed on your device is not functioning due to incorrect stored information and you refuse to clear that incorrect data then you have only yourself to blame.

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

I don't see why some of you seem to enjoy being smug and condescending a$$hats here about a situation where a company not only doesn't deliver the services they are supposed to (and we pay for), but they seem unaware of it, unconcerned by it and unable to correct the issue.  
Wow! You really must be angry about this to start name calling. The rest of the people posting here are users like you. People here are just trying to help.

Many posted that the suggested workaround worked, but it appears you don't even want to try it. Some posters have been around here for a while. I guess they've seen lots of things break that were eventually fixed so they're not as concerned as you that this problem isn't being worked on and won't eventually be fixed. 

Light bulbs should last forever and tires should never go flat. Which is easier; angrily wait for Road Assistance to come fix the flat, or change it yourself and get on with it? Certainly your choice.

With that, I'll now unsubscribe from this topic so I won't read any more abusive posts. Sincerely, best of luck to you.
Highlighted
Junior

Hi guys,

I couldn't agree more with Alan.

At the local university (25 miles away LOL) the students won't even change their own light bulbs and the city had to close the adjacent street because the students wouldn't even look before crossing.

It's no wonder that the people here, trying to help, get so disgusted that they just want to walk away!

Gwalk, my friend, you have the patience of a saint.

My sympathies to the Official Reps. who can't leave.

To the users who expect PnP and won't even flush your DNS caches, you deserve what you get!
The answers are here, IF you would just use them instead of name calling and blaming everybody else.

That's why I don't post here that often anymore.

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Associate Professor

I don't see why some of you seem to enjoy being smug and condescending **bleep** here about a situation where a company not only doesn't deliver the services they are supposed to (and we pay for), but they seem unaware of it, unconcerned by it and unable to correct the issue. 

Seeing as the site doesn't have a profanity filter, and you went out of your way to bypass what a profanity filter would normally picks up would leave you in violation of the community guidelines.  Please refrain from using such language in the future.

Thanks,
C0RR.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

I don't see why some of you seem to enjoy being smug and condescending **bleep** here about a situation where a company not only doesn't deliver the services they are supposed to (and we pay for), but they seem unaware of it, unconcerned by it and unable to correct the issue. 

Seeing as the site doesn't have a profanity filter, and you went out of your way to bypass what a profanity filter would normally picks up would leave you in violation of the community guidelines.  Please refrain from using such language in the future.

Thanks,
C0RR.