cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Highlighted

Re: problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Thanks Don
I have 3 iPhones, 2 run the same IOS as the iPad. The other is an older iPhone running a different IOS. I tried to clear the RAM as you suggested. The iPad still works but the phones won't. All phones worked prior to all this starting.

Ernie
Highlighted

Good morning all,

For any new folks, welcome and thank you for adding your input for our investigation, it's much appreciated and helpful for our case.

Kirk and wixon_kim, we have made additional adjustments to your terminals to test. Can you please let me know if iMessage works now?

Thank you,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

1:43 PM EST... nope... still down

Highlighted
Sophomore

BTW, I posted a couple of longer messages this weekend with some additional thoughts about trouble shooting this problem, but I guess they got deleted.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Timed out at 1:59 PM EST
Highlighted
New Poster

I am also in Northern California and have been experiencing the same for the last week, on all devices, 
Highlighted

Thanks for trying and letting us know, Kirk.
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi folks,

As our engineers continue to address this iMessage concern, please try this workaround in the meantime which should allow iMessage to work again. 

Please change the DNS settings on your iDevice to a use a different DNS server such as Google's (8.8.8.8). Here are instructions on how to do so:
https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-change-dns-on-iphone-ipad/

Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Aha! That darned DNS... We've seen this before. I should have guessed that!
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I've been using those for a long time now. Fewer issues. Sometimes I think the Hughes server(s) gets bogged down plus it seems it doesn't register name changes as quickly as the Google servers.