problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirk Merley
Sophomore

problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

several days ago, I could no longer access the iMessaging server (Apple) via Hughes.net.  Several hours on the phone with Apple did not solve the problem.  On a hunch, I went to another location where I could access a non-hughes network, and it worked fine.  Anybody in this august group got an idea?
161 REPLIES 161
thirdstonestudi
Freshman

Yes, Liz ~ they are both iPhone 6s phones running IOS 9.3.1

I will try disabling the web acceleration now
thirdstonestudi
Freshman

Disabling Web Acceleration didn't appear to do anything... the message still hangs and isn't being delivered
wcm1152

We have the same problem on the iPad.  We just got HN last Friday and it has basically sucked every day.  No better than our old wireless broadband that gives us 1 Mbs max. I had no problem with the iPad before switching service.
Mustlovedogs
New Poster

I am slightly relieved to see others are having the same issue. Mine started on 2/8/17. My messages was working just fine in the morning but after work I was unable to access it on either my Macbook Pro running El Capitan or my iPad Pro. Took my MacBook Pro to my office and it connected just fine. I have an open case with Apple support thinking it was an icloud account issue but nothing has been resolved. Tried disabling the WA on my Hughes system and it didn't result in a resolution. Been with HughesNet for many years but I am disappointed with the service as of late. Hope a solution is found soon.
Liz

Good morning mustlovedogs and wcm1152,

Thanks for speaking up, this helps in putting weight behind this escalation. Just to clarify, you're both experiencing these same symptoms?:

-iMessage works on other networks, but not your HughesNet connection

-issue started around late last week

-Disabling Web Acceleration doesn't make a difference

Also, if you haven't tried already, please let me know if power cycling your HughesNet modem, router, and wireless device makes a difference or not.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

OK, thank you for trying and confirming that for me.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

Liz, I started this thread, and there have now been an ample number of reports of identical symptoms, all of which started in the same time frame.  It is time to escalate this to the engineering team and find out what change(s) occurred in the Tues/Weds time frame of last week.  None of the standard customer fixes are working, and there are going to be a lot of people who are going to start getting very upset!  I suggest that you make this a high priority investigation, and do it promptly.  Somebody knows what change was made in that time frame, and can undo it so that we get our much needed functionality back!
wixon_kim

I am having the same issues....Mine started on Monday night (2-6-17) I have tried all of thee above and bought a new router.
Liz

Thanks wixon_kim for speaking up, this helps. We've escalated this to engineering and I will update this thread once I have any news to share.

Thank you!

-Liz

Mustlovedogs
New Poster

Liz,
Sorry I was at work and tested my devices. To answer your question yes I have tried and experienced all that you have asked. My devices worked seamlessly at work but back home on my HughesNet system it's a no go on my Macbook Pro but currently my iPad is functioning (give it time, tomorrow morning it will be down again as I have been playing with this problem for a week now). I was about to run out to purchase a new router when I came across this thread. I hope your guys can fix this soon.
donsjgm
Junior

Hi Liz,

idk but I am having NO problem with iMessage over HN.
Liz

Thanks Mustlovedogs.

Our engineers are already investigating this and I will update this thread as soon as I have any news to share.

-Liz

Liz

Hi Don,

Thanks for letting me know! You and I aren't affected by this, it seems to only be affecting the Albuquerque gateway.

-Liz

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

I don't know anything about the Allbuquerque gateway, but I am in Northern Michigan!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Kirk, 

From your dish to the satellite, the satellite to the Gateway, then onto the net, then everything in reverse back to your dish.  Your Gateway could be anywhere.  I'm in Western NY and my Gateway is in Billings, MT.  

wixon_kim

I am in South East Michigan and it is affecting me
GabeU

This is Beam 14, which covers Michigan.  It uses the Albuquerque gateway.  

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

I signed on at the gym and of course had no problem... I know that at some point in the day, tho, it will quit working again... probably when Pedro in Albuquerque throws the light switch to go home.  Just for the record, I'm not a novice at this stuff.  I was on the management oversight committee for the team that built the first practical incantation of the OSI 802.3 protocol stack... now known as the internet!  I have a home designed and built steerable dish and know more about this stuff than the guys who  come out to repair!  I was also the director of marketing for (at that time) the worlds largest information services provider... If our network was down for (as of now) a week, we would be in court facing massive damages.  I sincerely hope that somebody can put a hustle on this repair!
GabeU

... probably when Pedro in Albuquerque throws the light switch to go home. 
Was that really necessary?  

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

In case you haven't noticed, Gabe, this is becoming very frustrating.  Trying to run a business without one of the principal forms of communication that I use is far from a picnic!  If I have to rattle their chain to get somebody to raise the priority on this, I will!!!

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

thanks for the like