Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Liz,
Sorry I was at work and tested my devices. To answer your question yes I have tried and experienced all that you have asked. My devices worked seamlessly at work but back home on my HughesNet system it's a no go on my Macbook Pro but currently my iPad is functioning (give it time, tomorrow morning it will be down again as I have been playing with this problem for a week now). I was about to run out to purchase a new router when I came across this thread. I hope your guys can fix this soon.
Highlighted
Junior

Hi Liz,

idk but I am having NO problem with iMessage over HN.
Highlighted

Thanks Mustlovedogs.

Our engineers are already investigating this and I will update this thread as soon as I have any news to share.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi Don,

Thanks for letting me know! You and I aren't affected by this, it seems to only be affecting the Albuquerque gateway.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

I don't know anything about the Allbuquerque gateway, but I am in Northern Michigan!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Kirk, 

From your dish to the satellite, the satellite to the Gateway, then onto the net, then everything in reverse back to your dish.  Your Gateway could be anywhere.  I'm in Western NY and my Gateway is in Billings, MT.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I am in South East Michigan and it is affecting me
Highlighted

This is Beam 14, which covers Michigan.  It uses the Albuquerque gateway.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

I signed on at the gym and of course had no problem... I know that at some point in the day, tho, it will quit working again... probably when Pedro in Albuquerque throws the light switch to go home.  Just for the record, I'm not a novice at this stuff.  I was on the management oversight committee for the team that built the first practical incantation of the OSI 802.3 protocol stack... now known as the internet!  I have a home designed and built steerable dish and know more about this stuff than the guys who  come out to repair!  I was also the director of marketing for (at that time) the worlds largest information services provider... If our network was down for (as of now) a week, we would be in court facing massive damages.  I sincerely hope that somebody can put a hustle on this repair!
Highlighted

... probably when Pedro in Albuquerque throws the light switch to go home. 
Was that really necessary?