cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: problem with iPad messaging over Hughes.net, not other networks

In case you haven't noticed, Gabe, this is becoming very frustrating.  Trying to run a business without one of the principal forms of communication that I use is far from a picnic!  If I have to rattle their chain to get somebody to raise the priority on this, I will!!!

Highlighted
Sophomore

thanks for the like
Highlighted

I agree with you Kirk. I live in Northern California, off the grid, and use texting to do my business. I have to drive 2 miles to the top of the mtn, no problem when I get away from Hughes Net.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Like most Hughes refugees, I live out in the woods...  we have electricity, water, and garbage pick up, but no internet.  The nature of the businesses I run needs an instant messaging capability.  You have to go up to the top of a mountain, I have to go to the library, the Y, or a bar... this outage is playing havoc with my liver!

Highlighted
Associate Professor

My only words are this... if your business is so dependent upon an internet connection, then you might want to look for a landline solution such as a dedicated fiber feed with a satellite up-link as backup instead of depending purely on a single connection.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks for your suggestion.  The closest fiber with a hub is 17 miles away and would cost me a quarter million to hook up to.  When I say I have no choice, I mean I have no choice.
Highlighted

Good morning,

thirdstonestudios, Mustlovedogs, and wcm1152, our engineers tested and were able to use iMessage on your beam--are you able to use iMessage now?

Kirk, I just re-enabled your Web Acceleration, can you please try iMessage with it enabled and let me know if there's any difference?

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

stand by, testing now
Highlighted
Sophomore

It appears to be up!  Of course, now I got three "mail delivery failures" on known good addresses for an email I sent out about 10 minutes ago.  Tell the injuneers thanks!  It's been a long and frustrating run.  Be curious to see if the other victims are up and working.
Highlighted

I will check when I go home this afternoon!