cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattbritt
New Poster

"Web AccelerationClient Error (509.2)-Upstream TCP Receive Failure "

Hello

we are trying to check our token status.

when we go to Download Allowance Status and click " here" to check it says the following:

"Web Acceleration Client Error (509.2)-Upstream Failure (Web Server)"

"The Web Acceleration Client detected a TCP connection failure while receiving data directly from the web server or proxy server. Retrying the web page may correct the problem."

we've tried Safari and Firefox - same problem. tried two computers - same problem -

we've tried clearing our browsing history - same problem,

we've tried restarting / rebooting modem - and computers - same problem

our internet connection is fine and fast and smooth

we are afraid to run out of our daily download allowance  since we'd be offline then for 24 hours

we cannot call the 866 , 877 , 0r 800 numbers as we are in an area that doesnt have good phone reception

please could you help guide us thru what to do to resolve the problem

thanks

Brittany

22 REPLIES 22
MarkJFine
Professor

You could try disabling Web Acceleration:
1. Using a computer connected to the modem via ethernet or wifi, open this page.

2. Under Advanced Menu on the left, click on Web Acceleration, then Control.

3. On the right, click the green Web Acceleration Enabled button.

4. It will then turn yellow and change to Web Acceleration Disabled.

5. You can optionally click the Reset MBX button and retry enabling Web Acceleration, but I'm not sure what that adds.

If that doesn't work, you could try rebooting your modem to make sure its' internal DNS cache wasn't corrupt to begin with. You reboot it by unplugging the power cable from the wall socket, waiting 60 seconds, then plugging it back in.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Tried clicking on that page for 1.

and it says "Unable to Connect"

tried rebooting the modem which connects directly into the computer

and then retried #1 and the same thing happens - unable to connect

any way to bypass that to go directly to #2, 3, 4 etc

tried with Firefox and Safari

get the same thing - "Unable To Connect"

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps on this site will have to run remote diagnostics on your setup to  see what may be going on.  They will be back tomorrow. For immediate assistance, you may want to call the 24/7 line, 866-347-3292. 

I get this when I try to open that link.Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 12.22.40 PM.png

The page I directed the OP to was to the modem's built-in interface, which was being reported as 'unreachable'. That means the OP doesn't even have a proper connection to the modem.

A certificate error something completely different from the OP's issue and can mean several things. Addressing it here would over-complicate the issue that the OP is having.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Sorry, how can I delete my post?

maratsade

You can't delete it, but you can edit it and remove the content. 

is there another way to get to "this page " without clicking the button on number 1

thanks

Liz

Hi mattbritt,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I'd like to be certain of the issue; please let me know which URL you usually access to check your usage and token status. You stated you check for Download Allowance Status, just want to be sure we're on the same page.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I go to the Download Allowance Status   (   192.168.0.1/fap_meter/  )

then click "here"  :  services.hughesnet.com/Service_Tools/tokens/index.cfm

then I cannot get past that to check how many tokens  I  have

instead it goes to " Web Acceleration Client Error (509.2)-Upstream TCP Receive Failure ( Web Server ) "

please help

thanks

Thank you for these details, that helps greatly mattbritt! Let me look into what we can do for you. In the meantime, I can tell you what your token status is, and currently you don't have any token bytes available, but you do have 6 tokens ready to activate as necessary.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

okay thanks for the response

do you need to do a remote diagnostics test

do we need a new modem

we still cannot access those 6 tokens

please help!

thanks!

Good morning mattbritt,

We're looking into this for you, no need for a diagnostic. I'll post back once I have an update or questions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi mattbritt,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this for you. You should be able to log into https://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount with your mattbritt account to view and manage your usage and tokens. 

After you log in, navigate to  My Account, then Usage.

Click on the Buy Tokens button to view and use those free tokens you already have. First you'll have to verify your SAN and zip code before you get to this screen:

Hope that helps. If you have any concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

Liz

well I tried what you said and it did not work

as once I  have no bandwidth any attempt to load up the pages was too slow

and  I always got " connection timeout " every time

finally back online after 12 hours

I had to get up at 4 am to have the  free  bandwidth needed  to then redeem a token

so your suggestion did not fix the problem or resolve the issue

Before this all started I was able to click "here" when the bandwidth ran out and redeem a token

and get back online within  5 minutes - not 12 hours

Do I need a new  Gen 5  Modem ? Is that provided for free?

This has been going on  for 10 days  now

Is there anyone there that can fix the initial problem without trying bypass the problem

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi mattbritt,

Thank you for this update. I would consider upgrading to Gen5 if you want to remain with HughesNet.

From what I can see, you're on the Home plan for ~$60 which offers a daily allowance of 200-300 MB or so and max 1 Mbps in download speeds. For about the same price, there's our 10 GB plan: 10 GB to use whenever you want, plus an additional 50 GB to use during off-peak hours 2am-8am with speeds up to 25 Mbps. Learn more about Gen 5 and give us a call any time at 866-347-3292 to explore your options and upgrade.

-Liz

hi

I just want the same basic plan

Would a new Modem solve the problem and allow me to get my token by clicking "here"

and getting to the "Service_Tools" page

without bypassing the problem if and when I run out of bandwidth

Is a new modem provided for free  with the plan I currently have?

I don't want to upgrade my plan

Been with Hughesnet for around 15 years give or take

Is there any other moderator that could help me

maratsade

"Is there any other moderator that could help me"

You got the best advice from Liz; you should very seriously consider upgrading to Gen 5.  

Liz -  are you saying the solution is to get  a new  Modem?

Seems  like my internet is working fine and fast and smooth - just cannot access the Service_Tools tokens page

Will getting a new modem  fix that  problem Liz?

Where do you get these modems ?

Are they free from Hughesnet ?

I have been with Hughesnet for over 15 years

thank you