"free" download period in Alaska

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chickenminer
New Poster

"free" download period in Alaska

Did the "free" period for downloading with the HN7000S service in Alaska change again!?

I waited until 1:00 AM this morning to download an update. The FAP meter said "disabled". While downloading I got an error about network 

connection. Sure enough I check and see the meter back up and I had ZERO usage left! Of course my download quit in the middle

of an important update !!

Had to use another token this morning to get online! Wish Hughes would get their act together!

So .... has the policy changed again!?!

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi chickenminer,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I appreciate you bringing this up, as far as I know there haven't been any changes, and the 1am-8am Download Zone for AK subscribers remains on our legal site. Let me send you some free tokens for the trouble and escalate your case to our engineers here at corporate.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

Thank you for the response! I could get no help from "customer care" chat.

They say call this # but when there is no phone service that is difficult! 

Do you need anything from me, acct# or such ?

Good morning chickenminer,

Since you're already here in our community, I already have your account info. 🙂  Your free tokens are on the way, so you might get an emailed order confirmation for those complimentary tokens. Your issue has been escalated to our engineers here who handle our Alaskan sites, and they are the best people on this kind of case! Once I have any instructions or news for you from engineering, I'll post back. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi chickenminer,

Engineering would like for you to check if the Download Zone is working normally again. Looking forward to hearing back!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the update. Sorry for slow response but I just got back online.

Right after I posted our HN7000 modem went belly up! Spent 3 days fiddling

with file uploads and reconfigs to finally decide the modem was no good!

I did a modem swap and all is well now.

Yes, the free download period is working now 🙂

Thanks again!

Good morning chickenminer,

Thank you for your update, glad to hear all is well again. Don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have other concerns, we're here to help!