receiving less than 17 percent of my contracted speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skybox
Sophomore

receiving less than 17 percent of my contracted speed

Look I have every right to voice my concerns. I can do it here or every satellite forum available.  I simply want what I'm paying for. If Hugesnet legitimately assists with my complaint then I no longer have a complaint. But I'm not going to pay what I pay every month and receive less than 17 percent of my contracted speed. Don't you agree with my logic. If not please explain your rational for not agreeing. 

53 REPLIES 53

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

bmorgil
Freshman

Deceiving download speed. It will run up to the guaranteed speed. Just not on all sites.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bmorgil

Hughesnet does not throttle speeds on individual sites, nor do they throttle the overall speed , save for two instances, the latter of which the customer controls:  when one is in FAP due to having used all of their data in the given time period and when one has the Video Data Saver option turned on, which deliberately throttles the speed of some streaming (including Youtube).  

If you are having speed issues I suggest that you create a new topic to receive help.

Assumptions, whether by one person or many, are not facts.  

I just got off an extensive conference call on this very issue. Without delving into "Net Equality" let’s just say I know it’s true. You can deny it. It matters little. I watched a test performed on a download. It was showing the buried video providers transfer rate. Low and behold.... a throttling issue. As I said, I won't argue this. I just watched Hughesnet do it. Thinking that customers don’t have the capability to check for this is a mistake. Some of us have the corporate power to do it. Can't wait till the two years are up. I don't know who you are, you are however, showing the Hughesnet employee look. The deception is infuriating. Why don't we open a subject on why Hughesnet thinks throttling is needed? Maybe their customers can assist? Maybe the customer is important in this trend?

How do you know it's not HughesNet's provider? If your gateway is going through the Level3 backbone they have long history of having connection issues with Apple and Microsoft (amongst numrous others using Akamai as a CDN), depending upon how bollocksed up their routing table is.

Sometimes things aren't precisely what you think they are.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

How do you know it's not HughesNet's provider? If your gateway is going through the Level3 backbone they have long history of having connection issues with Apple and Microsoft (amongst numrous others using Akamai as a CDN), depending upon how bollocksed up their routing table is.

Sometimes things aren't precisely what you think they are.

It works on 2 other IP providers without issue.

I concede. You have clearly gone to great lengths in an attempt to try to prove your point and have all the technical answers. I can't tell you anything.

Are you Mordacious in disguise?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

Are you Mordacious in disguise?

I had that thought, too.  

GabeU

@bmorgil wrote:

I just got off an extensive conference call on this very issue. Without delving into "Net Equality" let’s just say I know it’s true. You can deny it. It matters little. I watched a test performed on a download. It was showing the buried video providers transfer rate. Low and behold.... a throttling issue. As I said, I won't argue this. I just watched Hughesnet do it. Thinking that customers don’t have the capability to check for this is a mistake. Some of us have the corporate power to do it. Can't wait till the two years are up. I don't know who you are, you are however, showing the Hughesnet employee look. The deception is infuriating. Why don't we open a subject on why Hughesnet thinks throttling is needed? Maybe their customers can assist? Maybe the customer is important in this trend?

SMH.  

@GabeU

Welcome to the alt-facts banter era.

Sure alternate facts.. Ha-ha and I did vote for Trump. You are either poorly informed of your own Hughesnet or, you are in the game with them. How can you state that with a setting in my router II can request Hughsnet to throttle my speed myself, yet Hughesnet doesn't do that?  In this thread it states if the load on the satellite needs proportional adjustment the speed is varied based on customer load. You can watch it happen in the right room. So what you are saying is "oh they would never do that"? Because, they sure can do that. Can't wait till the two years is up. What a rip off. Very misrepresented. The speed is only there for certain sites at the whim of Hughesnet. One thing you surly can't deney. I can go to 2 other providers with the same laptop and have no prblem at all. Yet on Hughesnet it so slow it is not usable. Hmm.. alt facts.

GabeU

@bmorgil wrote:

Sure alternate facts.. Ha-ha and I did vote for Trump. You are either poorly informed of your own Hughesnet or, you are in the game with them. How can you state that with a setting in my router II can request Hughsnet to throttle my speed myself, yet Hughesnet doesn't do that?  In this thread it states if the load on the satellite needs proportional adjustment the speed is varied based on customer load. You can watch it happen in the right room. So what you are saying is "oh they would never do that"? Because, they sure can do that. Can't wait till the two years is up. What a rip off. Very misrepresented. The speed is only there for certain sites at the whim of Hughesnet. One thing you surly can't deney. I can go to 2 other providers with the same laptop and have no prblem at all. Yet on Hughesnet it so slow it is not usable. Hmm.. alt facts.

Assumptions aren't facts.  They don't throttle individual sites, though you can believe whatever nonsense you want.  

Secondly....

From the terms of service...

Capture.JPG

From the Hughesnet site...

Capture.JPG

And the disclosure during a phone sale gives the same information regarding the speed.  Speed is not guaranteed.    

So much for "Very misrepresented."