cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return request

Sophomore

return request

A few weeks ago, Liz the wizard helped my response time by sending a new modem.  She said I didn't need to return the old one.  Today I got a mash note from hnscrm@hns.com wanting the modem back or they would charge me $125.00.  How do I address this problem... the modem has gone to it's after life at the landfill.  RMA Request ID 122551375   HELP!

7 REPLIES 7
Professor

Re: return request

I'm sure @Liz or another mod will sort this out for you. Not sure if the mods are around today, though typically they're here M-F, 9-5.

Hi Kirk,

I'll make sure there are no charges for the equipment, you still do not need to return it. The email seems to have been sent in error, but I've already ensured the replacement order is closed to avoid any unexpected charges. 

Thank you

Amanda

Sophomore

Today I received yet another mash note about not returning the old modem, text below.  I'm now told I have three days or I get billed for $125.  Can somebody get the RMA cops off my back?  The modem is at the local landfill!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time is running out - return your modem today to avoid charges!

This urgent message is being sent to you because in three days, you will be charged 125.00 USD, the Unreturned Equipment Fee. To avoid this charge, please send your faulty modem to Hughes via a method that assures arrival at the repair center before the three day period ends. We recommend you use a method that provides a tracking number for your records. If billed, this $125.00 fee will be collected in addition to your monthly service charge via your standard payment method:Â your credit/debit card on file or via invoice. To avoid this charge, please ship the modem to the address below. Act today !

If you have already mailed the modem, you can monitor the status of the receipt of your shipment at rmastatus.hughesnet.com. This web site requires your RMA Request IDÂ 122551375Â for security purposes. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Hughes Network Systems, LLC
RMA Number : 303357712
16060 Industrial Drive
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

Sincerely,
Hughes Customer Service.

Good morning Kirk,

Thanks for letting me know. I've already put a $125 credit on your account after I sent you the replacement just to be safe. I'm not seeing any charge yet for UEF, so that's good. The e-mail is certainly an issue, so I've escalated this to our folks to handle. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Kirk,

Can you please post the e-mail address from which that message about the modem was sent?

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

hnscrm@hns.com

Notification Id :REMOT: RMA 40 DAY HUGHES : RMA equipment not received - 40 days

Highlighted

Thanks, Kirk! 

Those e-mails from that address should be disabled now. Should you notice anything otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz