cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

I see that I am not the only one who has a big problem with Hughesnet which should be renamed hugeripoff... you take an already high internet plan and made it worse. I would run out of my daily allowance fast but always knew I would reset the next day and after hours I could do my main downloading because they wouldnt count that. All that has changed!! not only are you charging me more but you are giving me less internet usage to top it off. Once you used up your now monthly allowance you are slowed don to dial up speed. .. sooo if I am going to have 25 days of dial speed then I am better off paying dialup prices. I dont have a contract with you and i AM looking to move where I can get a lot more internet for a way better price.. This company is scamming us and robbing us blind.. you force us to take the gen4 upgrade and charge us an arm a leg for less then what we was getting.. I am looking to file a class action suit on this company because this.. I think if we all going together against the hughesnet Bullies who are holding us hostage and extorting our money.. I am sure they will delete this post but I'll will post it over and over until Justices is served on this company... shame on you hugeripoff!!!!!!
18 REPLIES 18

Re: ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

I'm with you let's do. It
New Poster

Re: ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

Interesting, how is anyone held hostage if they are not under contract. If you feel that your not getting what your paying for the you have the option to change provides at any time.
Assistant Professor

Charles, they did force me to take Gen4, said they would bust my kneecaps if I didn't upgrade from 7000s.  Smiley Happy
New Poster

In that case I would have upgraded also, lol Smiley Happy

I wonder why Cheyenne and Audrey don't have a picture with their names?

I think I have Gen 3 with a daily allowance.

Hi Audrey,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting, it sounds like you need assistance, and we're more than happy to help. Please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we may look up your account. 

Regarding your data usage concerns, please keep in mind there are countless factors that can use your data:

- more devices are capable of connecting to the internet: phones, tablets, gaming consoles, SmartTVs, and even refrigerators can connect wirelessly to the internet. Keep track of what devices you leave running on Wi-Fi.

- automatic-updates: your computer and any other programs you use will often keep working in the background, even if you're not actively using that program, in order to keep your system/program up-to-date. Anti-virus programs will periodically use your internet connection to check back with their malware database for any updates. You should have an option to turn off auto-updates and/or schedule them for a later time.

- multimedia content: Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, news sites, and other websites will contain videos, animated gifs, and sound clips that may start playing as soon as you land on the site. So much content, so easily available almost everywhere on the internet. For starters, try disabling auto-play video on Facebook:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/how_to_disable_autoplay_videos_on_facebook
or adjusting your Netflix playback quality to SD:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

To help you monitor your data usage and other performance metrics, we’ve gathered resources for you here, which also includes community recommendations: http://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/track_your_usage_performance_speeds_and_view_tips_....

The most important tool to download is the Status Meter, available in the Customer Support Center, so download that if you haven’t already:
supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

We were forsed to take this internet service as it is the only one in the area. We have become dependant on the internet for bill paying to social connecting. So they have a monopoly on the service here. Paying so much should have unlimited data even phones have that. Plus its not like you get 10 gb a day it's for the month and the extra is in the middle of the night. We have a contract and I pray by the time it is over another company will come into the area. Good luck with your law suite. .
Associate Professor

Highlighted

There is also Verizon Mobile, what my off grid neighbor uses.