cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

New Poster

Re: ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

I dont believe they read their cell phone contract either, there is no such thing as unlimited data for cell phones either unless your grandfathered in under a Sprint unlimited contract which is also no longer available. all cell phone contracts that say unlimited mean that your calling and texts are unlimited but your data is capped at between 2-3GB depending on the carrier. 

Re: ripoff its not hugesnet it should be huge-rip-off. looking into a class action suit!

I'm on Verizon, there is not an unlimited plan for internet. I don't think there ever was.

If I want Internet in my rural, isolated residence in the far north of Minnesota, HUGHES is all I have.  So yes, even without a contract, customers in situations like mine, are held hostage.  Yes yes, we can leave them, but then no online.  That would be VERY isolating to an already disabled person with clinical depression.  Smiley Sad

im game !!!

Exactly Trish... and when you have to have high speed internet for school its even worse, and you are even MORE limited in your choices, my daughter uses 1 gig a DAY for school alone, and next year i will have TWO kids in school, so i suppose i will have to pay for TWO hughesnet internet accounts, if they will even LET me in order to have enough data.. which will mean three hundred dollars a month JUST FOR INTERNET! With less than a fifth of the average amount of data we are used to using for my high tech family of six, that we USED to pay 45 dollars a MONTH for, with one tenth the hassle. And they wonder why people feel screwed.

and as for "fair access".. bull, its the same old same old.. some people are more equal than others, and its only "fair" to those who can afford to pay for unlimited tokens, ie the rich get to use as much data as they want, while the rest of us choose between enough data and enough everything else we have to spend money on, including food. My kids have learning disabilities, and under the public school system they were unable to learn anything, we were told to sign them up on disability, well my wife taught herself how to work around dyslexia and adhd and learning disabilities by using a high tech multimedia approach along with hands on one on one attention and its working.. but she cant do it without the support of the online charter schools and all the additional enrichment programs we pay for online, WHICH EAT DATA... now i will admit that ive been very frustrated ever since i realized that there was no way we were going to be able to get by with anything less than the top data cap available because of the way schooling was eating up the bytes, and that is with restricting use to ONLY schooling, except for my wife, who also uses a small amount for email and other text based usage (until she realized that when we are in FAP she can watch a few cooking shows on youtube by pausing them most of the day to load then watching them, but only in FAP because then it doesnt matter if she uses the data, since they stop counting as far as we can tell heh.) Anyway in my extreme frustration ive been raising heck on these boards and i apologize for my behavior, im just so frustrated, and nothing ive said has been untrue, though it has been worded unkindly. Im just at my wits end because my kids deserve to have SOME entertainment, we dont have cable or satellite tv and they cant use their game systems anymore, hell we cant even afford the DVD version of netflix because this internet is literally using up ALL our expendable income! Its just absurd. And then we find out that after we cleaned out our account (the CSrep even waited on the line while we put our last 20 in the bank because she had left out some fee or charge when we put the money in the first time she tried to run it so she knew danged well the account was empty when she was done) paying for the install and first month, they went BACK IN a few days later and took 11 dollars and change MORE out of our account that we didnt HAVE and because we didnt account for it because we were not informed, asked, or in any way notified about this extra charge, we werent able to cover that and our other bills and ended up with an OVERDRAFT! Now how is that right? So you see why ive been ranting all over this board. Now i dont use my real name on the net, so you arent able to connect this account with my real name, so you cant do anything to fix anything if you were inclined to, but if someone can actually do something to relieve this situation i would be glad to give you some account information. It would be nice if they would at least do what they said in the beginning and not have extra charges or fees... like the "lease fee" that i didnt find out about till later after reading on here, or the fact that we didnt get the ten dollars off that was promised in the ad we responded to, or even to KNOW when you have to pay for the tokens, because we wont have any money until the 2nd, but school starts back up in the morning and as it is she is going to miss out until the 4th which is roll over day, and it is VERY bad for her to miss schooling, its so hard for her to catch back up... im just so frustrated right now. And the really sad part is that we had to pay MORE than the top tier monthly charge to get hooked up on the LOWEST tier, which is why, despite the 12 day "honeymoon period" we ran out of data a full week early. We will be using a full third of our income to raise the plan up to the highest tier for next month and will not be able to afford the extra for the "service plan" repairs i guess.. never before heard of having to pay to have your internet fixed when it breaks.. absolutely absurd.. but im afraid to NOT pay for it considering all the complaints ive read on here in the last few days... just dont know what to do. All this because the cable line stops fifty feet from our field. ::sigh:: All i wanted was to get my kids out of the rat race, have a few acres of land, grow some of our own food, maybe a few chickens and a milk cow... so far just spending a ton on gas for the tractor to mow, looking at a couple grand for a filter for the water, and another few grand for a new septic system because it turns out the old owners didnt actually have one.. just a holding tank.. none of which we actually have money for. Even a bullet isnt as cheep as it used to be, which is too bad cause there are rabbits all over this place.. can we say dinner? heh. Thanks for letting me vent.

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/37...] btw.. my speed when not on fap... is this supposed t be good or bad? Im used to cable internet so to me it seems pathetic, and i thought the lowest tier was supposed to be 5mbps.. so...meh if you cant see it it says 2.27 down and .36 up... mbps that is.

oh, and all the usual cautions.. every internet ready device in the house has been set to airplane mode except when being used specifically for school or my wife's browsing (she is disabled and intellectual pursuits are all she has, but she has all her forums set to where you have to click to play any flash stuff and ads blocked, etc.. none of our use has been actually unexpected or unexplained, its just that our needs arent being met and im afraid they wont be able to be met by your pathetically low data caps. The ONLY truly unlimited internet left in the country appears to be time warner cable, and from reports that may be just in our area or it may be soon to be gone as well...i hope not because i still have hopes that they may come our way, and if they do.. we will just have to eat the ridiculous fees, cause i will not make my family deal with this one second longer than necessary.
Highlighted

Hello John,

We made you a separate post to help you out, we just need to find your account! Let us know if you have a recent case number or serial number and give us a reply here so we can get started helping you: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hug...

Thanks
Amanda