setting up canon wireless printer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byrdhome
New Poster

setting up canon wireless printer

Need help came from Califoria to Oklahoma.

trying to set up Canon printer. 

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@byrdhome 

If you're trying to connect it using the WPS method, make sure to press the WPS button on the front of the HughesNet modem firmly.  Sometimes this button is a little stiff and you need to make sure to press hard enough for it to engage.   

If you're wanting to connect via the standard method, you'll have to enter the WiFi access password manually, which is the same password you use to connect your WiFi devices.  It's on a sticker on the back of the modem.  You can also see it by signing into the modem's WiFi settings here.  Use admin as the password.  You can see the WiFi access password in the password box, which should match what's on the sticker, unless you or someone else has changed it.  

As for the actual connection instructions, you should be able to find them on your printer manufacturer's website.

Hi Gabe,

I am also trying to add a Canon printer to the network. I found the password printed on the back of the HughesNet device and I know we never changed it. The Admin panel you linked in the comment does not let me sign in. It was on the white label right above the network address.

Will this, if I am trying to get to the right source, allow me to potentially see the Canon printer on the network?

I think my entry was a bit confusing after I reread it:

My endgame is to get a Canon MG3500 printer on my network for wireless printing.

- Printer

a. is on

b. shows the wireless service is on

c. can connect and print physically with a cord

d. it does not have a display screen to pull up any services on the device

- the Router / Modem

a. I only have the hughesnet device and nothing added to it

b. the passward on the back on the white label will not allow me to login as Administrator and I know it has never changed

c. I have several other devices logged into the wireless that are working fine

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@salena1 wrote:

b. the passward on the back on the white label will not allow me to login as Administrator and I know it has never changed

The password for the WiFi settings is admin.  Make sure to access the WiFi settings with a device that is already connected to the HughesNet modem, whether via WiFi or LAN cable.  In the WiFi settings you can check to make sure the password still matches what's on the sticker.  

If your other devices are connecting to the WiFi without issue, there should be no reason your printer cannot connect.  With this said, it's possible that your printer can only connect via 2.4GHz WiFi.  If this is the case, make sure you're trying to connect to that WiFi and not the 5GHz WiFi.

If you still can't connect, I would contact Canon's customer support.