Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bumsdw
New Poster

signal unstable, internet keeps cutting out

16 REPLIES 16
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

What are you seeing that shows that the signal is unstable?  When you lose your internet, can you connect to the System Control Center?  If so, are both boxes at the top green?  All green check marks?  

Are you presently seeing any State Codes here under the System State Code Monitor?  If you see a lot of them, can you post a snapshot or a screenshot?  Make sure to edit your SAN out of the picture.  If you don't know how to post a picture, you can just list the codes you see.    

Current state code 0.0.0

Last error 30.1.1

Time since recovery 0.1:58:48.

I cannot do a speed test; it says "network communication issues".

I try to play online games but I keep getting "unstable connection, check your connection or try later". I have tried connecting modem directly to computer and through a router and get the same results. This has been an ongoing problem since 11/22. Very frustrating. Have called support 4 times and keep getting disconnected before problem is solved.

GabeU

That state code concerns your Web Acceleration.  You should try turning it off to see if it makes any difference.  The following is the directions for such.

Please follow the directions below to disable Web-Acceleration.

1: Visit http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.
2: Click the "i" icon at the top of the HT1100/2000w System Control Center (also known as the SCC).  It is highlighted in red in the image below.
photo skUivVb.png

3: Click on "Web Acceleration" then "Control" outlined in red.
photo jnchLQt.png

4: Click on "Web Acceleration Enabled", this will change to an orange button that says "Web Acceleration Disabled".
photo mQGk0j9

5: Restart your browser and try using the service that isn't working, please let us know how that works for you.

Disabling web acceleration made no difference. Problem still persists.

GabeU

Last thing to try.  Turn your computer off, unplug the modem, wait for about a minute, plug the modem back in, then wait for about five minutes and turn the computer back on (waiting the five minutes gives the modem a chance to fully boot before you turn the computer on).  If the problem is still there after that I'll go ahead and tag the reps, who can then run remote diagnostics and such on your HughesNet equipment to see what, if anything, looks amiss.  

Edit:  Instead of WiFi (if you are presently using WiFi), it would be best to connect the computer with a LAN cable before turning it back on, as that will give it the best connection possible.  

Also, just so you are aware, the reps on here are not the same as the reps on the phone.  These are corporate based reps, so if they need to get involved you can rest assured that they will work to solve your issue.  

I did as you asked, problem still there.

GabeU

Okay, I'll go ahead and tag the reps, as they're going to need to help you.  If you don't already, it would be best to leave the modem on so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  Sorry I couldn't be of much help.  

@Liz @Amanda

Good morning bumsdw,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! For the most part your diagnostics look good. I do want to get you on our latest modem, the HT2000w. I'm having one shipped at no extra cost to you.

Your new HT2000W modem will arrive within 5 business days. Once you receive the modem, connect and power it on up to an hour so it will activate automatically. You do not need to return the old modem. Please dispose the old modem properly according to your local waste management guidelines. To check the status of your order, go to rmastatus.hughesnet.com where you can use your SAN and zip code to track your shipment.

Please let me know how the new modem works out for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I have yet to receive new modem. Can you advise as to the zip code it was sent? I can get no information from the RMA page.

Good morning bumsdw,

Thank you for letting me know. The modem order was for the 96055 zip code. I do apologize for the delay, it seems there was a system issue last week that affected HT2000w RMAs. It has supposedly been fixed by now so I'm reattempting to get that modem out to you. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi bumsdw,

Thank you for your patience, I have your UPS tracking number for your replacement modem. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent the tracking number to you via PM.

I like the new modem with built-in wireless. However, it did not correct the problem. The signal is still unstable and I am unable to do anything that requires a solid network connection. I am beginning to think that this is not a hardware problem but rather a service deficiency.

Hi bumsdw,

Thank you for the update on the new modem. I'll have to double-check to see if a radio replacement would be appropriate in your case. I'll post back once I have any updates.

Good morning bumsdw,

How has the service been so far since the modem swap? I ran diagnostics on your site and see a significant decrease in modem errors.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Hi Liz,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The service was was actually much better for a short period of time. After about two weeks the stability started worsening, although not as bad as it originally was. Now it occasionally cuts in and out. Now I can`t even check my usage, it says ref FAP-1 whatever that means. So I`m just living with it until I can try something different. Thanks for your help, David (bumsdw).

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let me escalate your concern about that FAP-1 error message up. I'll post back once I have any news for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.