cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow download speeds at night

Sophomore

slow download speeds at night

Would someone look at my recent download speed specifically during the 22nd hour to see if this is acceptable?  I am on the 10mbps/1mbps plan.  I have the 1100 modem and my dish was recently aligned.  My speeds are fine during the day but at  night the download speed is terrible. School hasn't even started here yet,  serial number is B30010018883AA   Nancy
19 REPLIES 19

Re: slow download speeds at night

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for posting your speed tests results. Since you recently got the new modem and site visit, was last night the first time you noticed these unusually slow speeds at night? I'm going to double-check your system to ensure all the diagnostics are fine, I'm sure they are. I'll prepare your case for escalation to our engineers if needed. They will want additional tests, I'll send you further details via e-mail.

One set of tests, to be run in the evening since this is when the slow speeds occur, should be run on testmy.net. Please follow this guide here to get set up: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy... It's important to run at least 3 tests, spaced 5 min apart using the 12 MB test file.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Liz, the slow speeds at night have been going on for  a long time.  I just haven't checked it lately .    Getting the hughesnet speed test to run took forever to download. 

Thanks, Nancy. I've also already e-mailed you the additional instructions for troubleshooting. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Liz

I am not having good luck with getting the information you need. First off, the speed test would not work so I could upload the results to the web address you gave me. So I am sending you the results I got from here on my end. As you will see from the screenshot, there are two blank slots, that is where I trying to download a speedtest to send your engineer.
Sophomore

Liz  I have run the testmy net tests, but I cannot figure out how to get the results to you.  username is nancymoore maybe you can find them on the charts .  I do know one result was 225 kbps.  I read the instructions and they were greek to me.  I am not puter friendly here and  hubby doesn't have a clue either. He just wants it fixed so he can get on craigslist. LOL.   Nancy

Good morning Nancy, 

I was able to get your testmy.net results, and as long as you ran the speed tests from the link I e-mailed you, that is fine, thank you! I'll escalate your case today and post back once I have any updates for you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
Sophomore

Liz

I was not able to send you  the testmynet speeds because I could not figure out how to upload them to your site.  The results I sent you were from the hughesnet speed test.  I can see my results on the testmynet site, but I can't figure out how to send them.  When I save them it comes up as a htm file and your site will not take it. 
From looking at the testmynet speed chart here are my results:     326,280,225,353 kbps.   Hope this helps. Nancy

Hi Nancy, 

I was able to see your testmy.net results by using this URL: testmy.net/quickstats/nancymoore

That's the standard format for their results page, so it was easy to figure out. Thank you!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Assistant Professor

Liz, that is sweet, I just signed up for an account. I didn't know an account would enable that kind of feature.......duh!