Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow download speeds at night

Re: slow download speeds at night

Yup! Makes it easier for everyone. Smiley Very Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Liz

Are tests being run on my system?  My data allowance is steadily declining today. Right now the remaining data is less than 1 g and I have one more day before my monthly allowance  renews.  I do not have anything here that is pulling my data down.   I have noticed since I have been on the lights on the modem are blinking very fast. Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Your modem's activity may be monitored as part of the engineers' work, but I don't believe they do anything that would use your data. I've sent you some tokens to tide you over until reset and to keep the system running under normal conditions as the engineers continue to address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Nancy,

Please let me know how your speeds are lately. Our engineers have completed a series of network updates over the past two weeks, so you should be getting back to normal speeds. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

Hey Liz

Good to hear from you! I wish I had good news for you, but I don't. Attached are the download speeds I took tonight.  See what you think.
Sophomore

I also ran the download speedtest on testmynet. Please look them up as I don't know how to send them to you. I can see the results, at least its not kbps , but barely improved to the mbps range.  Nancy

Good morning Nancy!

Oh no, that's not what I expected, but thank you for the speed tests, I also see yours from testmy.net. I'm sending these over to the engineers so they can see what's the matter. I will keep you posted. Thank you again for your cooperation and patience. Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Nancy,

Just checking in on you, how is the system performing lately? Our engineers did not see anything out of the ordinary and your speeds should be OK. If not, please let me know. They are willing to do some one-on-one troubleshooting with you.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
Sophomore

Hey Liz,

Good to hear from you!  The download speeds have improved since I emailed you the last results Here are the one I downloaded tonight on the HN speed test and you can see they have significantly improved since the last ones I sent you. 

I also ran a couple on the testmynet site and found like I did  before several in the 1-2 mbps  I assume this is going to be "normal"  during peak hours  during the week.

In closing,  I would like to say thank you to you and others involved in helping getting  my connection speed optimized.  I hope you have a good week!  Nancy Moore

Yay! I'm glad to hear that, Nancy. Thanks for letting us know, you're very welcome. We're always here if you need us. You enjoy the rest of your week, too!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz