cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

my downloads are between 100 and 950kbps. i am paying for 10M and have never seen that.
so i thought i'd try with the customer service again, and 6 minutes in the rep ended the chat.
this service, both the internet and customer is terrible.
25 REPLIES 25

Re: slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

It appears they have oversold their capacity. Great speeds from 1:00 Am till morning then continues to degrade to dial up like speeds. Techinical support claims its equipment etc, but last time I checked my computer, router and modem they can't tell if the sun is out. Too bad I bought the equipment. Soon to be a boat anchor.

Re: slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Same results using www.testmy.net

Hopefully Liz has a solution. Check this thread00052466273 Unsatisfactory download speeds.
Assistant Professor

Appears you are on tablet or phone, you need to connect a computer directly to the modem and test that way to first eliminate the router causing any problems.
Alum

Hi Joes650,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds with your service. I would like to address your concerns. Please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Make sure to run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thank you,
Chris

I have completed all of the steps with the exception of safe mode. Work computer does not allow safe mode due to encryption of hard drive. Attached are the pathetic results.

Three different devices with and without router same misrable results. Customer service wants to blame the equipment so what was originally indicated would be a "covered" service call I now have been told I will be responsible for the charges even though the equipment is under the warranty period and I have been charged for Express Service on a monthly basis. I have used testmy.net multiple times at all hours of the day and night over a couple of days and have concluded that if it was an equipment issue the problem would be there day or night. Needless to say, I purchased another laptop for the technicians to continue their futile tests. Wishing for the best, but preparing for what I suspect will be saturation of available bandwidth during the day.

Tech I scheduled for Saturday which will require a 7 hour round trip to the cabin to conclude its not the equipment. At least it is documented that if they are unable to resolve and get service at customary expected download speeds (60% of advertised speeds the majority of the time) I will be released from the contract. Still I get stuck with the crappy equipment I purchased upfront which is penalty enough. Buyer beware!
Assistant Professor

Bill, those are testmy.net results. It appears he is using a Windows phone or tablet. The posted pics are so small they can't be read even after enlarging them.  Smiley Sad
Assistant Professor

Lol, yea my old eye can't decipher it either. Joe650 can you post a Testmy.net link to your results?

Screen prints aren't the best for sure, but they were taken over the holiday break at our cabin. I'll try to see if I can upload a better image this weekend when I return to meet the tech. Uploaded images are side by side comparison from beach in Hawaii with LTE service from AT&T. Both tests have similar results. While not precise the results from Speed test are accurate with results from testy.net