cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Re: slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Re: slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Hopefully these are easier to read...
Assistant Professor

So you are comparing 4G LTE speeds on a small island to satellite? You'll never see speeds like that.

The speeds you posted for HughesNet are good actually. The upload could be a bit better but still not terrible. If you are expecting anything close to those LTE speeds you are never going to be satisfied with satellite.

Those from the 1st are bad but it looks like it was temporary. You are getting what you're paying for is my honest opinion. There will always be temporary slowdowns with satellite due to loading and other factors.

The comparison was to demonstrate that speeds between results of testmy.net and speedtest are similar as one poster responded that Speedtest was not accurate. Satellite Speeds are great at 2:00am, but speeds are at a crawl during the day. I consider achieving <10% of advertised speed unacceptable.
Assistant Professor

Then I'm reading it wrong because I see download speed is between about 8-17 Mbps the majority of those tests except for the ones on the first. How is that less than 10% of advertised speed?
Associate Professor

Assistant Professor

Good point Charles, I missed that. Also need more recent tests for the daytime and evening.

Testmy.net continues to increase size of download until it reaches a minimum time of at least 7 seconds of continuous download. It's so bad that even small tests cannot be achieved under seven seconds.