cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Re: slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Testmy.net continues to increase size of download until it reaches a minimum time of at least 7 seconds of continuous download. It's so bad that even small tests cannot be achieved under seven seconds.

Re: slow downloads and customer servive chat disconnected during troubleshooting

Those are the most recent tests I have. As I mentioned earlier, the Internet is for use at our cabin and we haven't been back since the first of the new year. I am going back again this weekend to have a tech on site. I was seeking to find out the solution (assuming one was found) in hopes of replicating for my speed issues. Good speed at early morning circa 2:00am versus daytime/evening. If you look at the time stamp you will see speeds < 1Mbps during the day/evening and speeds > 10Mbps at 2:00 am. I am unable to understand how my hardware can tell if the sun is out or not. Smiley Happy

I'll hold off on further posts until Saturday evening. I was just looking for solutions others have had success with in solving the slow speeds.
Associate Professor

I am well aware of the time it takes and how testmy.net works, but the simple fact is, anything under a 12MB package is discarded for test results if they come from testmy.net.

Hi Rancourtr,

I see you've been running a lot of automatic tests and posting them here. Unfortunately, we can't give you all the help you need on another person's thread. Can you create your own post and submit your 12MB speed tests there, as well as a brief explanation of troubleshooting you have already done? Thank you!
Amanda

Started new post and tech has been out - $85 later to confirm it is not hardware issue. Apparently I can only use Internet in the middle of the night LOL graph says it all.