cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow downloads

slow downloads

This is an e-mail I have been trying to send to Hughes.net but keep getting an error msg. Anyone else had this kind of problem and how did you get it solved?

I live in a rural area and prior to getting your service I was using a Verizon 4G jet pack and was told by your sales department that I would use less data with hughes.net and get twice the speed. My satellite was installed about 5 May of this year. Before the installer left I tested the connection and I was not getting the proper speed. It was less than 1mbps. The installer told me I would have to call Hughes.net to make some adjustments to my speed that was sure the dish was installed correctly. I called Hughes.net technical support after about an hour or so of speed test, modem and router testing I was told the weather was bad in Colorado. The down load speed has never gotten any better for more than a couple of hours at the time. I can accept that I will not always get 10mbps but I’m told the national average is around 7mbps. I do expect to get at least 5mbps consistently. The technical service folks I have spoken with have all had me do the same thing then tell me my service was working properly when it wasn’t. I downloaded a movie of 720MBS and it took five hours. Last night I attempted to download a 1.4Gig movie during non-peak times starting at 0300 and at 0830 on 78% had been download. My download speeds have consistently been less than 1mbps. The last tech I spoke with after about two hours told me the weather was bad in Colorado again and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor Evon called me under Ref # 48081581 and told me she would refer my concerns to engineering and they would contact with in 48hrs. I have not heard from them as of yet. Two other reference #s I made a note of are 48061937 & 47874911. Both of those techs were supposed to call me back and never did. To say the least, I am very displeased with the service. I know that your company is capable of providing good service and look forward to hearing from you soon and correcting this problem. I can’t even stream a you tube video without constant buffering. Other than social media I also have a part time forensic consulting business that requires significant research over the internet.
Thanks,
Billy Hornsby
4 REPLIES 4

Re: slow downloads

Bill,

Hello. I'm a fellow customer with frequent slow data transfer issues. I'd love to hear about any resolutions HughesNet may provide to you, as well as your opinion on the JetPack option from Verizon (I live in a rural neighborhood where that's the only alternative, so far). Thanks in advance for your time, and best of luck!

Bernardo Bayley

Our billing cycle starts 6/7 and we have already used 32% of our allowance.  Downloads are so slow it's outrageous!
I'm sick of buying tokens!!!!!
Alum

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! With the case numbers your provided we were able to locate your account and I do see you have had some trouble. I'm sorry if we've started on a unsatisfactory note but hopefully we can turn this around. We will investigate further into your account. Your site does look fine but your most recent speed tests are very low. Once we have more information we will update you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris

Hello Bboss,

I have created separate post to help us address this directly, please follow this link.

Thank you,

Miles

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/repost-for-bboss-using-our-allowance-and-buying-t...