cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow email

New Poster

slow email

Does anyone else have problems with email being slow . I am with gmail and when i try to load new email it comes in so slow I get tired of waiting and move on to some thing else. This is on my ipad and I only have this problem with Hughs
14 REPLIES 14
Alum

Re: slow email

Hi danann2,

Does this only happen on the iPad or as well with other devices. For example on a computer?

- Chris
Assistant Professor

No problem on my laptop using Chrome with Windows 8.1 Pro. How many do you normally get each session? Gmail can be slow to load if a lot of new mail.
New Poster

I don't read my email on the pc. But when i check it it always there I don have to bring it up. It is slow on my iphone also . Some time it just spins and spins
New Poster

I use my ipad or iphone for email. May be 3-4 at a time come in
Assistant Professor

So the built-in email client or do you use the browser?
New Poster

The built in app
Assistant Professor

Since I don't have any Apple products the best I can do is tell you to make sure it is configured properly as described here: http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-Gmail-on-an-iPhone

So the Mail app? Maybe download the Gmail app and see if it works better. Is using the browser any faster?
New Poster

Thanks anyway . The gmail app has terrible reviews. Did not have this problem before Hughes and do not have it when i use other wifis
WJA

I have gmail and it works just fine for me. I also have an outlook account and have found that gmail is much slower than outlook when it comes to getting mail. I sent an email to both accounts and I got it in outlook much faster than gmail. However I find gmail to be more dependable and stable than outlook. I get my mail on either my desktop or laptop, don't have an ipad