cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet at night, now on Gen 5

Sophomore

Re: slow internet at night, now on Gen 5

http://testmy.net/db/QNhFm7ABX

my plan reset for the month so I ran a speed test tonight.  the range is from 1 - 4 tonight.

Any update on my beam?  I'm on 64

Sophomore

so I got this low speed at 7:55pm

http://testmy.net/db/jIuQ10lpT

but I got 48mg earlier at 5:00pm

it's definetly the same issue as I had before with Gen 4 being slow during prime time.  Slow is to be expected, but not like this.

Is there a fix for this?

New Poster

I believe this is a rip off my streaming is slow day or night I use more data trying to stream one movie than the average internet providers customers use. I was told if U got the Gen5.and higher package speed would be better well it hasn't. I almost deplete my data package in 1 day if trying to watch a movie

Signed Cecil

Highlighted
Sophomore

bump

Hi dhorwath,

No update yet on when we can issue a dispatch to address your concerns. We are pending feedback and evaluations on the effectiveness of this dispatch before we can expand to more customers.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Spectator

Hey Liz,

You’re kind of a broken record. When are you going to come up with a REAL solution to this issue? I’m definitely feeling bamboozled as I too literally just got talked into upgrading to Gen 5 with the promise that it would fix all of my problems and that it is definitely worth the extra money I’m being charged for it. I’ve had Gen 5 for 3 days now and it’s just as bad as before.

Please stop blowing smoke up all of our asses and actually come up with a resolution to our issues.

Oh, and btw...who’s your internet provider at your home? Just a guess here, but I’m betting that it’s not HughesNet.

Not-happy
Distinguished Professor IV

@Not-happy

1.  Please follow the Community Guidelines and refrain from the foul language.  

2.  If you're having an issue, please create a new topic.  You issue may not at all be related to the issues being discussed in this thread.  

3.  The engineers are the ones who work on problems like this and they are working as fast as they can.  There's no magical fix it button.  Liz is relaying the information she gets.  Your retribution is not only misplaced, it's immature.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Unfortunately the same thing is occuring on Beam 60.  Speeds at peak times are ridiculously slow - often less than 1Mb/s. 

Frankly I am tired of Hughesnet apologists telling everyone how to run speed tests.  Most of us have been using the internet through one provider or another for several years and it doesn't take an engineer or a speed test from a specific service to know when download speeds have slowed to a crawl on our systems.  Sure, if you want to see the difference between 40Mb/s and 35Mb/s, run a speed test, but I have been watching a 439MB graphics driver download from nVidia for over an hour and it is only 47% complete; and this level of performance is not just a one-time occurance.

Ridicuolus!

Tags (1)
Associate Professor

@steveandkris

If you don't want to perform troubleshooting of any form, that's fine by us.  But, you wont recieve any help if you refuse to perform what is asked.

Distinguished Professor IV

@steveandkris

Speed issues can be caused by numerous things.  This is the reason for requesting speed tests.  What's causing an issue for one person may not be what's causing an issue for another.  Your alluded to knowledge should have clued you into this.  

In addition, speed issues while downloading files aren't always caused by slow provider speed.  

If you refuse to run the speed tests then there is no point in trying to help you.  When someone refuses to perform the steps needed to pinpoint the cause of the issue there's nothing that can be done for them.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit