cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet at night, now on Gen 5

Sophomore

Re: slow internet at night, now on Gen 5

Thank you both for your very helpful responses!

Now, please show me where in my post I said I did not want to run a speed test or trouble-shoot my connection?  I simply said that I did not need to "run a test" in order to know that my internet speeds slow to a crawl at certain times of the day on a regular basis.  For what it's worth, I perform speed tests and trouble-shoot my Hughesnet connection all the time to confirm what I already know.  On a couple of occasions I have even remoted into my work desktop and downloaded the same file from a given site to determine the problem did not lie with the site.  And yes, I know that latency can be an issue with some sites and so on; but haggling over who knows more about internet service is not particularly helpful.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that both of you spend a lot of your personal time helping folks on this site.  Thank goodness that you do!  However, based on the numerous threads to be found here, it is clear that Hughesnet is having problems with their Echostar 19 satellite on more than one beam; and that trouble-shooting and running speed-tests is not providing customers with relief.  Am I right?

That said, I am sure you will both agree that, as someone who is paying Hughesnet more than $2,000 per year, it is perectly reasonable to expect a consistent level of service.

Sophomore

Liz?

Are we still supposed to be patient???

Any update on my beam?

Good morning dhorwath,

Thank you for checking in. While our engineers are continuing to work on network performance, we have no updates on any specific upcoming efforts. Once we do I'll let you know.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted
Sophomore

any further update on the beam I'm on?  The tech re-pointed my dish but there's no change.  I still have decent speeds in the morning that fade to 1 or less mgb afternoon/evening.

Good morning dhorwath,

Thank you for checking in, we did get some updates. I've created a new complimentary dispatch to your site to help address your concerns. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Mar 16, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #110221752 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Sophomore

I spoke with him and he said he is going to re-point me to Ecostar 17.  I will have to wait until I'm back on data to check the speeds.  

OK great, thank you for the update.

Sophomore

looks like primetime speed is averaging 3-4mg now.  better than it was before.  mornings were around 13-30

Hi dhorwath,

Thank you for the update, I'll send this over to engineering to let them know. Once we have any news to share we'll post back.

Hi dhorwath,

What is your testmy.net username? That way we can see your full testing history in one table.