cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhorwath
Sophomore

slow internet at night, now on Gen 5

http://testmy.net/db/98IKjYys1

once again, the internet is unuseable at night like it was on Gen 4.  I went a few months with great speeds, now for the last few weeks it's slow at night again.

Can this be happening again?

54 REPLIES 54

I ran cable from router to computer on the tests.  I can try from computer to modem to see if that helps

tests were all over the place last night.  This matches what I've been seeing.  As soon as late afternoon, primetime, when I try to stream a show it will pause to buffer.  Most of the time, the speed is too low to stream after 7pm

https://testmy.net/quickstats/davehorwath

Thanks dhorwath, looking forward to your tests with the router out of the picture.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

ran tests last night with router turned off, going straight from modem to computer.  Streaming had issues of constant buffering still.  My router is a good one, it's TPlink AC1750 with better range than the one in the modem so I didn't think it would be an issue.  Speeds seem better during the day, but I'm usually not home then

https://testmy.net/quickstats/davehorwath

Thanks dhorwath, I've sent this info to engineering to see if they can see anything on their end. From what I can tell, your beam is fine as well as your site diagnostics. I'll let you know once I hear anything back from engineering.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi dhorwath,

Thanks for your patience while engineering investigated your site. There's no performance issue with your beam, but they've made a tweak to your system to address your concerns. Please let us know if you see any improvement once you're no longer under the Fair Access Policy.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Hi Liz
I just had my service installed 4 days ago and it's working very poorly. I've ran the test with test my.net and I got 0.3and0.4MBPS. I haven't been able to use it really because of this. Anyway you can help?

Hi Chrhug30,  please check your own thread.

Hi dhorwath, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

I believe this is a rip off my streaming is slow day or night I use more data trying to stream one movie than the average internet providers customers use. I was told if U got the Gen5.and higher package speed would be better well it hasn't. I almost deplete my data package in 1 day if trying to watch a movie

Signed Cecil

bump

Hi dhorwath,

No update yet on when we can issue a dispatch to address your concerns. We are pending feedback and evaluations on the effectiveness of this dispatch before we can expand to more customers.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hey Liz,

You’re kind of a broken record. When are you going to come up with a REAL solution to this issue? I’m definitely feeling bamboozled as I too literally just got talked into upgrading to Gen 5 with the promise that it would fix all of my problems and that it is definitely worth the extra money I’m being charged for it. I’ve had Gen 5 for 3 days now and it’s just as bad as before.

Please stop blowing smoke up all of our asses and actually come up with a resolution to our issues.

Oh, and btw...who’s your internet provider at your home? Just a guess here, but I’m betting that it’s not HughesNet.

Not-happy
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Not-happy

1.  Please follow the Community Guidelines and refrain from the foul language.  

2.  If you're having an issue, please create a new topic.  You issue may not at all be related to the issues being discussed in this thread.  

3.  The engineers are the ones who work on problems like this and they are working as fast as they can.  There's no magical fix it button.  Liz is relaying the information she gets.  Your retribution is not only misplaced, it's immature.